Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habndbrake Adjustment

Hi All

My Surf is up for it's Annual Health Check this week.

I need to adjust the hand brake and am not to shure what is needed to be done. How do I know if the tension is correct for MOT?

Thanks Guys and Gals

It should be self-adjusting.

Just sit in the truck, put the radio on, and pull the handbrake on. Take it off again.

Repeat until the handbrake is working ok. (This may take some time!!!)
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by RSA Surfer
      Hi All

My Surf is up for it's Annual Health Check this week.

I need to adjust the hand brake and am not to shure what is needed to be done. How do I know if the tension is correct for MOT?

Thanks Guys and Gals

why do you think it needs adjusting???

ive just adjusted mine but i only did it because it was traveling towards the end of its adjustment and still not working great.... so adjusted it till i was happy.. it now travels 7-9 rachets and is working great.....
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Should be self-adjusting but also need to ensure that the drums are clear of mud [if off-roading]. Also halfway down you will see two wires going into a bracket with two bolts....these can be adjusted but need to be aware of pressure on wire.

just found the article I did...http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...30&postcount=1
        Last edited by Gizmo; 6 March 2006, 21:02.
        Gaz

Comment

Thanks Guys

I say it needs adjusting as I was unaware it is self adjusting. None the less I've not counted how many clicks, but I'm sure I pull it out all the way and seems to roll. Similar to one that is not under correct tension. I'll try the link and let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by RSA Surfer
            Thanks Guys

I say it needs adjusting as I was unaware it is self adjusting. None the less I've not counted how many clicks, but I'm sure I pull it out all the way and seems to roll. Similar to one that is not under correct tension. I'll try the link and let you know what happens.
            just adjust the two nuts on the little bracket, although when i did mine i had to take it off and clean it all down as it was rusted solid and then put some copper grease on it when refitted....
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
            X