No announcement yet.

my surf got leafleted..did anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody put a sign on a lamp post on the A6 coming into Luton. It read, "No to urban 4x4s." It is proudly displayed in my 4x4 now. That'll wind 'em up.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by stevetubbyturbo
      Dont you just hate these do-gooders it less of a organisation and more of a linch mob.

Where they get their facts and figures from i'll never know.

As for 4x4's (mainly the surf) pumping out more pollution when my Surf was MOTed 15 year old car the smoke was 1.34 and i get 20-27mpg depending on how i drive when my company car, first mot 3 years old ford focus 1.8TD the smoke was 2.94 and it aint that good on the fuel either not sure what it does to the gallon but i only get 320 miles to a tank and it holds about 50ltrs

Just sent them this email

Dear sirs

I would like to take this time to say as a large 4x4 owner i feel maybe you do not have all your facts correct and are taring all 4x4 owners with the same brush.

For instance i have a 15 year old Toyota import diesel 4x4 which does 25+ Mpg and do less than 5000 miles a year and my company car a Ford focus 1.8td does 30 mpg and do over 30'000 miles a year

My 4x4 at its last mot passed it emission test with a 1.34 smoke test and my company car at its last mot the smoke test was 2.94 and you would sooner have cars with a higher emission output on the roads,why?

I am a RSoPA driver with no points on my licence i do not speed and i drive below the speed limit i make sure my car is mot-ed and is always in a road worthy condition i have never been unemployed and pay my taxes i have never been in trouble with the law and yet you call me irresponsible,Why?

My hobby is off roading which are well organized events and safe which i enjoy totally and find it a good way to reduce stress at the weekends after a hard week at work but you would like me to stop my hobby, Why should i?

At the end of the day i am not a boy racer who burns rubber and blasts loud music in a supermarket car park and fits large noisy exhausts to my car.

I think your site needs correcting on the real issues of pollution and dangerous drivers ie large industry, uninsured and unlicenced drivers.

Many thanks for your time and i look forward to your reply
      Stevetubbyturbo that was well put M8, I witnessed some Richeous urban pontificating Vandals today doing just that & where were those men in Blue ?
      Picking on people like me (& possibly you) for petty things like driving on side lights ( just cautionary in my opinion) when other *ickeads dont have any on at all & some that have don't have a full set, some of those Runin Jags, Merc's Audi's etc they should know better & be able to afford a bulb or two even if they don't know how to fit em, unlike yer urban Vandals that don't give a **it, or as you say Tax, Insurance etc
      Maybe these idiots need to get some sort of life instead of campaigning to be
      a hasbeen politician, suggest they apply for Traffic management on the Motorways somewhere.
      Bet they all got skelletons in their Cupboards.

Rant Over
      Amen & yes I mailed em, "open yer eyes" & you need educating"

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

we could make a website up and give free leaflets out we could call our selfs........the alliance against the alliance against 4x4,s...

furthernore.....my grandad and other members of my family lost there lifes in the great war for these low life,s to offend all that have fought for this countrys freedom.....are these,s people nazis???? they have no right legal or otherwise to tell me what vehicle i drive...
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          we could make a website up and give free leaflets out we could call our selfs........the alliance against the alliance against 4x4,s...

furthernore.....my grandad and other members of my family lost there lifes in the great war for these low life,s to offend all that have fought for this countrys freedom.....are these,s people nazis???? they have no right legal or otherwise to tell me what vehicle i drive...

What ever happened to the anti tee shirt that was being looked into a while back
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Just had a look at their website. Well, that's a big relief. It looks like I'm ALLOWED to drive a 4x4 cos I need it for work. That's very nice of them isn't it?!

Originally dribbled by the tree huggers

Top 10 reasons not to drive an urban 4x4

1. You're not a farmer

Or a tree surgeon, country vet, wind turbine repairer, dry stone wall engineer...
            Not sure where they get the 'engineer' bit but hey, at least it's okay for me to have the vehicle I want. And there was me starting to worry that I'd have to rethink my choice of vehicle... phew! (Where's the "Really Bl**dy Sarcastic" smiley?!)

Comment

BTW - have these people actually had the courtesy to reply to any of the e-mails that have been sent from people on here?
              Last edited by eccles291; 8 March 2006, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by eccles291
                BTW - have these people actually had the courtesy to reply to any of the e-mails that have been sent from people on here?
                Reply.... Don't spoze so, no
                Probably recruiting for the Fake
                Advise em to go get a Surf, be Green & see what there missing also

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

You must be joking. I haven't had a reply as of yet. Besides, they wont reply, as they know they will loose the argument. They are big on telling people what to do, but they have only got a one sided way at looking at things. Their way is the right way, and that's it as far as they are concerned.

The funny thing is, they know WE are right, and that's why they wont engage in a democratic debate on the subject. After all, they are just a bunch of CND communist lefties.

VIVA LA TRIDENT NUCLEAR MISSILES

Comment

Just had a look at their website. Well, that's a big relief. It looks like I'm ALLOWED to drive a 4x4 cos I need it for work. That's very nice of them isn't it?!

Not sure where they get the 'engineer' bit but hey, at least it's okay for me to have the vehicle I want. And there was me starting to worry that I'd have to rethink my choice of vehicle... phew! (Where's the "Really Bl**dy Sarcastic" smiley?!)

Why are they using the word URBAN to discribe the 4X4 whe all the exceptions are RURAL??????? They realy need to Know what they are talking about before they start throwing mud
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Nissan Micra replaces Surf........................NO T

Well,

I thought I will look into this viable alternative to the Surf.

So there I am in the local Reg Dixon Vardy Nissan dealer asking a few questions bout the Micra.

Sometimes I pull a trailer, can the Micra do this.

Yes Sir, how big is the trailer.

Well it can hold up to a ton and half ( if I get the spelling wrong on ton or is it tonne ignore it).

Sometimes I get a ton bag of sand/ballast etc, or a 1.2 ton pallet of chippings, or about 1.5 ton of bricks/blocks.

I think you need something a bit bigger sir.

Well surely it will be alright with 8x4 sheets of ply, or plasterboard, or mdf etc on the roof then.

I think you need a van sir

What about 3 mtr lengths of 3x2, guttering, rolls of insulation

or a Navara

is that not capable of doing a bit of 4x4

yes sir

good I sometimes need bigger thicknesses of timber

Can I just show you this sir

What is it

It's a door sir, please leave.

Guess I'll stick with the Surf then, although that blue Micras nice.

Security, please get this bloke out of here.

No pleasing some people is there, you give them something to do, there's nowt on telly. You think they would relish the challenge.
                      Last edited by ni9eofse7en; 8 March 2006, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                        And I think I would struggle to get to the remote water treatment works I visit with a load of tools / pipe etc in a micra. I suspect these baggy jumpered, ill-washed nancies don't know anyone with real jobs except the parents they sponge off.

No M8 they're on Benifit You and I pay them.

Comment

How many trees did it take to make all those leaflets??? I know it will be recycled paper put it had to come from a tree at sometime!!

Sorry not much of an argument, but I tried?
                          I like Orientals

Comment

If anyone spots them leafleting, please resist the temptation to confront them though.

Follow them home instead - I see a night time raid with 6foot long stickers accross the double glazing with glue?

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                              If anyone spots them leafleting, please resist the temptation to confront them though.

Follow them home instead - I see a night time raid with 6foot long stickers accross the double glazing with glue?
                              I wondered whether any Forum members in the Brighton area would get a load of leaflets, scatter them randomly on the ground, then contact Brighton Council complaining that these ILLEGAL leafleters are causing a lot of rubbish. I wonder how quickly they'd stop leafleting when threatened with littering fines?

Just Vegging Out

Comment

Rant Begins:

Top ten reasons not to drive an urban 4x4
                                1) You're not a farmer
                                That's not strictly true, I work as for a hedge fund administrator as a systems and business process analyst. I also have a sizable portion of land and the associated haulage responsibilities that go with that. I happen to commute across $$$$e roads into Urbania for my daily employ.

2) Your family fits into a saloon car or people carrier
                                Maybe but the average life expectancy of said vehicles (and my wifes laguna is proof) is about 3 years before it's shaken itself to bits.

3) Breathe Cleaner Air
                                Where I can I walk. If you use you urban mini to run 300yds to the shop, you are using fuel, get of your arse and walk. That's what your legs are for.

4) You will save money.
                                Hmmm I own my car (totally paid for) is yours on finanace? My only expenses are tax fuels and service costs.

5) You won't have to lie to your grandchildren
                                About using a vehicle that suits my needs? What strange concept.

6) You will be less likely to kill a pedestrian
                                Surley this down to the standard of driving? A fool in a Prius is not different to a fool in a Hummer.

7) You might see a small child early enough to avoid backing over them
                                OK, two points here, 1 see above, 2, what type of irresponsible hippie fool does not teach thier children basic road sense, if a child is stupid enough to be playing around the back of moving car then I sadly say (and yes I have three young kids) that they deserve exactly what they get, when will people take responsibility for thier own failings????? BY THUNDER YOU BORED HOUSEWIVES, MISGUIDED SUBURBAN IDIOTS AND TREE HUGGING FOOLS TAKE SOME OWNERSHIP!!!

8) You will be less likely to injure people in other cars
                                I refer my fellow surfers to point 6 with the addition of this, any large mass of metal moving at speed is dangerous.

9) You will have a better time driving
                                Now this is a purely speculative thing, some people enjoy driving go karts, others tractors, that is totally down to the individual.

10) People won't think you are an 'idiot'
                                HAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAS anybody seen what the fools who drive a SMART look like HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Maybe as 4x4 drivers the next time you see an 'Urban Saviour' like the SMART you should just point and laugh, loudly.

Rant Over thanks for listening
                                Last edited by sheeprus; 9 March 2006, 10:11.
                                I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Working...
                                X