Advice please - thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please - thank you

Hi all, someone has asked for the engine number for my surf [non runner] is this normal [ please excuse ignorance] just wondered about cloning etc ? or is that just for the chassis. ta Lesley

Did they mean engine size? 2.4 or 3.0??

Comment

Originally posted by tigger_nobounce
      Hi all, someone has asked for the engine number for my surf [non runner] is this normal [ please excuse ignorance] just wondered about cloning etc ? or is that just for the chassis. ta Lesley

As Far as I know, its pretty OK to give out your chassis/enjin No if you are asked by someone that wishes to supply you with parts.

Who is asking?

As for cloning, I thought that was just sheep!

Al
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        As for cloning, I thought that was just sheep!

Al
        Oh god thats it now, watch out for the welsh contingent........
        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
          As for cloning, I thought that was just sheep! Al
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Very subtle vince "stupid boy"
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

heheheh!!

Comment

Depends what they want it for, I've borrowed others and given my chassis numbers out to order the right parts from Toyota in the past.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

depends on the reasons for their needing the number it is normal if they are going to identify parts you need
                  don't worry about "ignorance" it doesn't need excusing how can anyone learn if they don't ask questions
                  my question to you (in all ignorance) is when you say non runner do you mean non 4runner i.e Uk version of Surf
                  or your Surf won't run!

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
                    depends on the reasons for their needing the number it is normal if they are going to identify parts you need
                    don't worry about "ignorance" it doesn't need excusing how can anyone learn if they don't ask questions
                    my question to you (in all ignorance) is when you say non runner do you mean non 4runner i.e Uk version of Surf
                    or your Surf won't run!
                    Does that mean a pre-runner is one that has never been started?
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hi thank you all the surf is a non runner as in it don't run LOL I presumed the chap wanted the first four numbers to identify which spec the engine was ? as in LN etc didn't give the whole number just the LN*** bit. Cheers
                      Lesley

Comment

As in LN130, KZN130, KZN185 yeah they just the common numbers to identify the engine.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Working...
                        X