yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam belt change by Toyota main dealers £?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam belt change by Toyota main dealers £?

Just been down to the local Toyota dealers and asked for a quote to have a cam belt and tension spring changed on my 1992 2.4 TD. He came out, took the relevant numbers from under the bonnet and said £122 all in.
    Is this a good price?

including the belt?
    if so sounds good to me
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Its not bad for a main dealer! They must have a preset price/time allowed for Hilux Pickup cambelt, as with main dealer rates of about £50 an hour, and allowing £30/40 for a genuine cam belt, they are expecting to do it in hour and a half!

Which is pushing it for a 2.4 Surf!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Re

Get an official quote and get it signed in blood!

Gary

Comment

I told him if thats the price i will book it in, he has agreed it with me and its going in next Sat. I work down the road and said i can leave it with them for the day, " It will only take a hour!" he said smugly. Somehow, i think he is a bit mixed up with fitting a 3.0 belt!!?

Comment

Let us know how you get on!!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Re

PMSL!

I had the same!

The mechanic said, "it's a doddle, I'll be all done in a coupla hours".

He had previously done a 3.0 4Runner!

When he opened the bonnet you shoulda seen the look on his gob!

Nice one!

Gary

Comment

you should get the price in writing cos it is a stonking bargain!
                and from experience dealers are not prone to honour verbal prices!

Comment

Well, droped the surf off on sat morning and smug Toyota man said i'll phone you when its done, 3 hours later, he phoned to tell me he has the wrong belt and its a bigger job than they thought!!! ( No surpise there i thought!) Very sorry, he says, but you will have to bring it back in the week and for your trouble i will stick to my origanal quote of £122. Fook'in bargain!!

Comment

Originally posted by surfer dude
                    Well, droped the surf off on sat morning and smug Toyota man said i'll phone you when its done, 3 hours later, he phoned to tell me he has the wrong belt and its a bigger job than they thought!!! ( No surpise there i thought!) Very sorry, he says, but you will have to bring it back in the week and for your trouble i will stick to my origanal quote of £122. Fook'in bargain!!
                    Bwahahahaha!!!!

We need a :told you so: smilie!

Comment

Originally posted by surfer dude
                      Just been down to the local Toyota dealers and asked for a quote to have a cam belt and tension spring changed on my 1992 2.4 TD. He came out, took the relevant numbers from under the bonnet and said £122 all in.
                      Is this a good price?

Considering I asked the main dealer near me to give me a quote, of which £500 was mentioned, (and mine is a 3.0lt) I would certainly get them to do it for that price. Apparently the 2.4 is a much harder job than the 3.0, so I reckon that's a good deal.
                      Last edited by M35A2; 14 March 2006, 11:01.

Comment

which dealer is it mate. mine's due now i'd like to see if i can get a similar quote.
                        cheers fella

Comment

dont think they will fall for it twice....
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            Considering I asked the main dealer near me to give me a quote, of which £500 was mentioned, (and mine is a 3.0lt) I would certainly get them to do it for that price. Apparently the 2.4 is a much harder job than the 3.0, so I reckon that's a good deal.
                            Originally posted by griffo
                            which dealer is it mate. mine's due now i'd like to see if i can get a similar quote.
                            cheers fella
                            You guys need to pay attention and keep up, its been done, and dealer was wrong, wrong belt, wrong truck, wrong price............

Originally posted by Surfer Dude

Comment

Still it was good that the dealer stuck to his original quote, fair dues!
                              Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X