No announcement yet.

A Sad Day For Ale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Real Ale breweries up here (like Bank Top)...used to hold events for CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) at Silverwell Sports Center every year until things changed...not heard of CAMRA events for quite a while now

http://www.banktopbrewery.com/
    Last edited by Gizmo; 6 April 2007, 17:00.
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
      Few Real Ale breweries up here (like Bank Top)...used to hold events for CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) at Silverwell Sports Center every year until things changed...not heard of CAMRA events for quite a while now
      Only ever seen Banktop beers once, in a place near my sister's in Prescot (Near St Helens). Very nice too.

Malvern's own brewery, The Malvern Hills Brewery have improved their 'Black Pear' a lot recently, and are producing the odd 'special edition' beers now too.

I think real ales are looking healthier now than they have for a long time. This is borne out by the number of beer festivals increasing round here year on year, and the number of beers at the festivals increasing every year too.

I think Upton's 'White Lion Beer Festival' must be very soon...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Love a few bottles of Sneck Lifter when we go to the Lakes, the hotel where we go has to order extra supplies when they know we are coming.

Comment

You want to try Mc Mullens beer it definatly cleans out the pipes

If they close it wont be missed apart from the old steam sentinal they use to deliver locally
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
            You want to try Mc Mullens beer it definatly cleans out the pipes

If they close it wont be missed apart from the old steam sentinal they use to deliver locally
            I love sentinals a pleasure to drive ......when i had the chance
            BTW the Crofton beam engine i working over easter ....Steam nuts... http://www.croftonbeamengines.org/intro.html
            Last edited by Woodzie; 6 April 2007, 23:05.
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
              Ratbag !!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous now I love the old Sentinels but have never had a chance to drive one

Have spent a day driving a 10 ton Aveling and Porter roller though - great fun
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Ratbag !!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous now I love the old Sentinels but have never had a chance to drive one

Have spent a day driving a 10 ton Aveling and Porter roller though - great fun
                Driven a showman as well (Pest control) at knepp castle .. the bet bit was going on the big wheel and the merry go roung when the showman was running them
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

BTW the Crofton beam engine i working over easter ....Steam nuts... http://www.croftonbeamengines.org/intro.html
                  Oi!

This is a beer thread for beer people!

Been out this arvo and had lotda beer in the nags head like St Georges Brewery (4 miles away), Malvern Hills (2 miles away) and some others fron other places with a friend of a friend hoos heer for the weekens and no I'm feelina bit worse for wear though ti could just be the early start today

Comment

They have tiddlers, Kew got the biggies 90 inch
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Oi!

This is a beer thread for beer people!

Been out this arvo and had lotda beer in the nags head like St Georges Brewery (4 miles away), Malvern Hills (2 miles away) and some others fron other places with a friend of a friend hoos heer for the weekens and no I'm feelina bit worse for wear though ti could just be the early start today
                      Beer and traction engines go together , Ever seen a empty beer tent at a steam fair
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        I'm feelina bit worse for wear though ti could just be the early start today
                        No... it was the beer...

Comment

Working...
                        X