No announcement yet.

I got me a Surf at last, WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got me a Surf at last, WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Yup finally got one here in NZ.
    Was on the way to the Santa Parade in Stanmore Bay in the poxy Galant and saw it parked up with 'buy me' written all over it. Had a good look at it, phoned owner and went for a spin, a little haggling later and it was all mine for the princely sum of NZ$3700

Its a 1989 SSR Limited 2.4l Diesel Turbo and I love it(look out Range Rover drivers!!) Its heavy on the km's showing 195,000 when I got it but they've been well cared for km's as it was wifeys run around so probably only went off road when she parked on the pavement and guy had a fistful of reciepts for servicing and repair work done including a new clutch 5k ago.

It needed some work done on it so off it went to the garage and NZ$'howmuch??!!' later all was well. Needed new CV gaitors, inner and outer, new set of belts, water pump, couple of seals, new bearings on the idler, 10k service blah blah blah the fact that the radiator top tank split on the way to the garage didnt help either

Oh and got them to turn off that f@?&in annoying 100kph bleeper.
    Took me half an hour to find the jack, stashed under the rear passenger seat and same again to figure out how to lower the spare from it's roost under the back of the truck. Suprisingly it's still got the original tool kit which is great for all those anoraks!

Anyway, gotta go as I saw a molehill on the way home and wanna check out my 'off-road' skills

Cheers
    Pete
    Life is not a dress rehearsal
    1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
    (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Originally posted by Pete The Tart
    Yup finally got one here in NZ.
    Was on the way to the Santa Parade in Stanmore Bay in the poxy Galant and saw it parked up with 'buy me' written all over it. Had a good look at it, phoned owner and went for a spin, a little haggling later and it was all mine for the princely sum of NZ$3700

Its a 1989 SSR Limited 2.4l Diesel Turbo and I love it(look out Range Rover drivers!!) Its heavy on the km's showing 195,000 when I got it but they've been well cared for km's as it was wifeys run around so probably only went off road when she parked on the pavement and guy had a fistful of reciepts for servicing and repair work done including a new clutch 5k ago.

It needed some work done on it so off it went to the garage and NZ$'howmuch??!!' later all was well. Needed new CV gaitors, inner and outer, new set of belts, water pump, couple of seals, new bearings on the idler, 10k service blah blah blah the fact that the radiator top tank split on the way to the garage didnt help either

Oh and got them to turn off that f@?&in annoying 100kph bleeper.
    Took me half an hour to find the jack, stashed under the rear passenger seat and same again to figure out how to lower the spare from it's roost under the back of the truck. Suprisingly it's still got the original tool kit which is great for all those anoraks!

Anyway, gotta go as I saw a molehill on the way home and wanna check out my 'off-road' skills

Cheers
    Pete
    Congratulations Pete,
    just got to post some pics of your new baby out in that great NZ scenery of yours.

Surf on
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

As soon as I can, like tomorrow!!
      1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

NZ$3700, thats under £1400 !! Sounds like you picked up a bargain. Like Geof say's, you gotta post some pics (dont make it too sunny though as it's ****** freezing here!!)
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
          NZ$3700, thats under £1400 !! Sounds like you picked up a bargain. Like Geof say's, you gotta post some pics (dont make it too sunny though as it's ****** freezing here!!)
          Pete
          WAY to GO Pete
          SURFS UP
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
            WAY to GO Pete
            SURFS UP
            Ok guy's n gal's its all round to Petes place for their summer. Who's gonna book the ferry.
            Oh yeah NICE ONE PETE SURF ON.

sumo.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Ok guy's n gal's its all round to Petes place for their summer. Who's gonna book the ferry.
              Oh yeah NICE ONE PETE SURF ON.

sumo.
              WHO'S GOT A DERV TANKER TO FOLLOW THE CONVOY

Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                WHO'S GOT A DERV TANKER TO FOLLOW THE CONVOY

No way I'm doing bacon sernies all the way to the other side of the earth....
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  No way I'm doing bacon sernies all the way to the other side of the earth....
                  awww! plllllleeeeaaaase............. .......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    awww! plllllleeeeaaaase............. .......

sure we can come up with some 12volt cooker of some sort.
                    we gotta eat on the way you know
                    Pops

Comment

Just think.......

................how many bacon sarnies you could eat over 12,000 miles of off-roading?!!!
                      1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

'Good on ya mate'

From the sunburn the other 1/2 got last xmas on her 5 wk backpacking etc etc holiday, in ur neck of world, i assume the aircon button is firmly depressed!!
                        [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Pete The Tart
                          ................how many bacon sarnies you could eat over 12,000 miles of off-roading?!!!
                          knowing this lot,A FAIR FEW I WOULD SAY
                          will need a food supply truck in convoy too, [me thinks]
                          Pops

Comment

Working...
                          X