Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Thread resurrection!

I parked next to a new Pathfinder today....
    http://www.nissan-adventure.co.uk/ 4 litre V6 mmmmmm!

and I liked it very much.

Thank you.
    Sorry but if you comparing new cars, the newest 4Runner/Surf looks nicer, and comes with a V8.....

4.7-liter DOHC 32-valve EFI VVT-i V8 260 hp @ 5400 rpm/306 lb.-ft. @ 3400 rpm

http://www.toyota.com/4runner/index...._4RUNNER_INDEX

vrrrmm!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Sorry but if you comparing new cars, the newest 4Runner/Surf looks nicer, and comes with a V8.....

4.7-liter DOHC 32-valve EFI VVT-i V8 260 hp @ 5400 rpm/306 lb.-ft. @ 3400 rpm

http://www.toyota.com/4runner/index...._4RUNNER_INDEX

vrrrmm!

I agree, but you can buy the Pathfinder in this country with the steering wheel on the right side too!. It looks much better in the flesh though.

Comment

I agree, but you can buy the Pathfinder in this country with the steering wheel on the right side too!. It looks much better in the flesh though.
        Details, don't be picky, Surfs will be Right hand drive!!!!

Its only $34K for the most expensive one in the US, you can probably import one for less than a UK Pathfinder.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

BUILD QUALITY, look underneath a 3 year old Disco = more rust than a 15 year old Surf, check out the light fittings & bulb holders Disco's have nasty cheap units not worthy of a pushbike. I repair & service Disco's most weeks and I love them because I make loadsa money, I would NEVER run one even though they do have more drug hidey holes

Comment

Agree. The Pathfinder is a pretty hard looking truck 'til you get close up and find lots of...

plastic!!!

A contractor team had hired one when I was at Pendine earlier this year. Looked pretty gay next to my Surf
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Agree. The Pathfinder is a pretty hard looking truck 'til you get close up and find lots of...

plastic!!!

A contractor team had hired one when I was at Pendine earlier this year. Looked pretty gay next to my Surf

Should go down well with the 3rd gen bunch then.

Comment

Just got my Surf Gen 3.0 and i love it, I have driven newer Shoguns, and Disco's but my 97 Gen 3 feels better and looks nicer, Yup i agreed it is a bit plastic looking compared to the Gen 2 (which is A propper TRUCK) BUT the gen 3 is a bit more pleasing to the missus (in my case anyway) and dosent look to out of place at a tesco car park as the lines are a bit softer. Ho Hum... Go drive one first... the autos are fantastic on par with the German Autos, Very smooth. For the record, My Gen 3.0 intercooler was £6500 private. If you can sell your car and buy a gen 3 privatly from here youll be on to a winner.. Happy hunting, let us know what you get....

Comment

my 10p worth,
                  Ive driven quite a few different 4x4's and large vehicles. ( as well as lots of small ones too)

ive driven a really awesome disco that was really set up for offroad use, I even managed to tip it on its side and there was no damage except a scratched fuel filler flap. that was an auto too. and it was very reliable. however that chap who owned it wrote it off when he tried avoid an old fogey who pulled out on him and he drove over the top of this old fogeys car before it rolled lots of times and it was definitely dead that time. he walked away with just a small scratch from the broken glass though because it was soo well protected with roll bar and front and rear winches/gurders... he replaced it with another disco but it was the most unreliable piece of rubbish he said hes ever had.

my surf hasnt missed a beat except for needing a new head from the start.

Jeep grand cherokee was quite nice, but didnt have the "thing" that the surf has... i cant quite put my finger on it... character I think is what I mean.

the only thing I can complain about with the surf is the serious lack of cubby holes. its not very well designed in that area.
                  mechanically... top drawer though.

I sat in a pajero and had to get out before the test drive because i felt like i was in a people carrier. there was seats everywhere! ( i dont like too many seats)

in short, its down to personal preference and what you need from a vehicle.

I hope once Im settled back into my life again in my new house I can get a decent Hilux once again, although my dream is to have a pickup and a bigger engine than my surf.

Toyota = reliable.
                  she's no angel

Comment

Working...
                  X