Setting up websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up websites

Completely unrelated to surfs, but i need some advice and this is the best place to get it. Anybody on here with any IT experience as i would like a rough idea of costing to set up a website, just with pictures, details of business and contact details i.e. link to email, just the general sort of stuff you see on websites. There must be somebody on here who can help.

Cheers Guys and Gals.
    Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Originally posted by Toad
    Completely unrelated to surfs, but i need some advice and this is the best place to get it. Anybody on here with any IT experience as i would like a rough idea of costing to set up a website, just with pictures, details of business and contact details i.e. link to email, just the general sort of stuff you see on websites. There must be somebody on here who can help.

Cheers Guys and Gals.
    I use 1and1 internet. have a coupla sites with them. its easy no need for HTML experience.

chek em out.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      I use 1and1 internet. have a coupla sites with them. its easy no need for HTML experience.

chek em out.

Oh, and i designed the sites with their templates, piece of cake.

Comment

Cheers for that will give it a try, have you got a web addy for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
          Cheers for that will give it a try, have you got a web addy for them?

This is a site I just developed with their own software.

www.mannsofilkley.co.uk

Its under construction but still "live" and all done with their own software from the comfort of my own home. I supplied niothing but the text. Will be finished in a few weeks.

Comment

www.mannsofilkley.co.uk

Its under construction but still "live" and all done with their own software from the comfort of my own home. I supplied niothing but the text. Will be finished in a few weeks.

Mmmmm! I can almost smell that bread.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Mmmmm! I can almost smell that bread.

And I don't mind telling you that money is pretty easy to make by creating sites like this, Pros charge thousands for something that can be done in hours at home.

Comment

I hope you don't mind me adding to your post.......... Setting up an online shop is something that has been in my mind for ages,,,,,

Is it longwinded setting up with these 1and1 internet packages

Is it dificault getting people to quickly find the web page?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                  I hope you don't mind me adding to your post.......... Setting up an online shop is something that has been in my mind for ages,,,,,

Is it longwinded setting up with these 1and1 internet packages

Is it dificault getting people to quickly find the web page?

All depends on your target audience and what you are gunna offer. In the case above, its a local business, and the zuki vans do all the Ad work due to the graphics. If its surf related, an ad on here will get a good start. If you need a bigger audience a call to a host like 1and1 will get you registered with a search engine.

Will advise further if you tell me what you want to do.

Al.

Comment

www.mannsofilkley.co.uk

I can also vouch for 1&1 they have two options of setting up your site the first is online but if i recall is a bit limited on amount of pages you can have, or they send you a disk what used to be NETFUSION (9this may have changed recently!) which is what I use and find very good for the complete novice!

You can see what I have set up HERE and I am totally thick!! as I set this upwith the intention of learning how a site built and now i keep on adding to it. Infact I am in the process of changing it as you will see from the change in page styles.

I believe that the WWW.HILUXSURF.co.uk is hosted via 1&1 and also UDTREV's site. This is the link to 1&1

Hope this all helps

Paul
                    Last edited by lucky; 24 February 2006, 16:34.
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Oh, and i designed the sites with their templates, piece of cake.
                      This site is actually hosted on 1 and 1. Find them pretty good and the price is way better than other professional hosts that support all the things this site requires.

However as you say, the templating engine is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                        I can also vouch for 1&1 they have two options of setting up your site the first is online but if i recall is a bit limited on amount of pages you can have, or they send you a disk what used to be NETFUSION (9this may have changed recently!) which is what I use and find very good for the complete novice!

You can see what I have set up HERE and I am totally thick!! as I set this upwith the intention of learning how a site built and now i keep on adding to it. Infact I am in the process of changing it as you will see from the change in page styles.

I believe that the WWW.HILUXSURF.co.uk is hosted via 1&1 and also UDTREV's site. This is the link to 1&1

Hope this all helps

Paul
                        Sorry for the plug but if you click on the 1 and 1 logo on the main website front page, hiluxsurf.co.uk make a few pence for the referral if you buy a package from them.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          Sorry for the plug but if you click on the 1 and 1 logo on the main website front page, hiluxsurf.co.uk make a few pence for the referral if you buy a package from them.
                          Sorry Andy I would have pointed to that link except it is not actually showing on the main page of the site. Might be worth looking at!, and would you like to alter the link in my post so as the forum gets the dosh!

Paul
                          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Here is the link

http://1and1.co.uk/xml/init/?k_id=6266700
                            And edited the link in your post too. Thanks Paul.

Comment

Cheers for all the help guys, will use that link when the time comes Lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X