Pajero Off Roading......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero Off Roading......

Anyone see this in the paper today? Telegraph had a nice picture of it, nose in the sand & tail on the sea wall and another of it being lifted up by the tow hook, looked good dangling from it!

Call of the sea lures car to a date with the s****yard
    By David Sapsted
    (Filed: 22/02/2006)

It was the stuff of motoring nightmares - the moment you see your car heading down the road with nobody at the wheel.

But worse was to come for 28-year-old businesswoman Molly Burrows.
    After reaching the end of her unmade road in Easton Bavents, near Southwold, Suffolk, her 4x4 crossed the seafront, rumbled down a 20-foot embankment, bounced over the sea wall and ended up with its nose buried in the sand.

The eventful trip began on Monday lunchtime as Mrs Burrows, the director of a property company, headed off for a meeting. She started her Mitsubishi Pajero and then realised that she had left some papers in her home.

"I was coming back out of the door when I suddenly saw the car driving past my neighbour's house," she said yesterday.

"It was going at least 10mph if not more. My first thought was that somebody might have stolen it but then I saw that there was nobody behind the wheel."

Mrs Burrows set off in pursuit. "But it was going so fast that I could get nowhere near it.

"Luckily, there was nothing in the way of the car and it just rolled down the road until it got to the seafront. It then hit this mud embankment.

"I was hoping, praying that it would just roll over on its side before it got to the cliff so it wouldn't hit anyone.

"But instead it veered off to the right towards the sea. I didn't dare look so I turned away.

"When I looked back I just saw it disappear over the sea wall and on to the beach.

"It was a nightmare and a little embarrassing, to say the least. I am just so grateful that nobody was hurt."

Mrs Burrows, who is convinced that the car's handbrake was on, then had to call her husband, David, a self-employed builder, to tell him that the car had been written off. She said he managed to see the funny side.

Contractors installing groynes nearby used their digger as a crane to lift the wrecked car off the beach.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Originally posted by TJG
    Anyone see this in the paper today? Telegraph had a nice picture of it, nose in the sand & tail on the sea wall and another of it being lifted up by the tow hook, looked good dangling from it!

Call of the sea lures car to a date with the s****yard
    By David Sapsted
    (Filed: 22/02/2006)

It was the stuff of motoring nightmares - the moment you see your car heading down the road with nobody at the wheel.

But worse was to come for 28-year-old businesswoman Molly Burrows.
    After reaching the end of her unmade road in Easton Bavents, near Southwold, Suffolk, her 4x4 crossed the seafront, rumbled down a 20-foot embankment, bounced over the sea wall and ended up with its nose buried in the sand.

The eventful trip began on Monday lunchtime as Mrs Burrows, the director of a property company, headed off for a meeting. She started her Mitsubishi Pajero and then realised that she had left some papers in her home.

"I was coming back out of the door when I suddenly saw the car driving past my neighbour's house," she said yesterday.

"It was going at least 10mph if not more. My first thought was that somebody might have stolen it but then I saw that there was nobody behind the wheel."

Mrs Burrows set off in pursuit. "But it was going so fast that I could get nowhere near it.

"Luckily, there was nothing in the way of the car and it just rolled down the road until it got to the seafront. It then hit this mud embankment.

"I was hoping, praying that it would just roll over on its side before it got to the cliff so it wouldn't hit anyone.

"But instead it veered off to the right towards the sea. I didn't dare look so I turned away.

"When I looked back I just saw it disappear over the sea wall and on to the beach.

"It was a nightmare and a little embarrassing, to say the least. I am just so grateful that nobody was hurt."

Mrs Burrows, who is convinced that the car's handbrake was on, then had to call her husband, David, a self-employed builder, to tell him that the car had been written off. She said he managed to see the funny side.

Contractors installing groynes nearby used their digger as a crane to lift the wrecked car off the beach.

We NEED Pictures to get the sense of it
    Gaz

Comment

She thought she would dip the headlights but the tide was out at the time
      Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mtber
        She thought she would dip the headlights but the tide was out at the time
        She obviously thought she could go Suuurfinnnn in a Paj, wiv out a Board !!!!!

There's always A Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
        X