Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nucking fleabay and dodgy indicators

im not having a good day so far.

indicators on my surf, click to the left and its rapido clicking like mad. does this mean theres a short or is it just that an indicator light is duff?

also i had my ebay account suspended today, they email me to say they removed a listing of mine, say they will give me a formal warning, but then i find my account is suspended anyway. Not sure what I did to offend. I sell pvc stuff on ebay, sold lots of it in the past. put something new on there yesterday with a nice pic, absolutely nothing obscene in the pic or words... except I maybe violated their insane american policy by putting BDSM in the title. I could probably try to sell my dead grans ashes on there and not have a problem, mention a sexy skirt and they go all... ooooh... you can t sell that on here ( despite there being hundreds already on there)

rant over, im more concerned about getting my surf through its re test today. any answers on the indicator problem? its only when i select left, works ok to the right.
    she's no angel

If theres rapid clicking on one side only, it's normally a bulb blown either at the front, back or side.

Comment

Blown bulb.

Nev

Comment

Vince

This is getting really weird. We seem to be posting at the same time quite often.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Vince

This is getting really weird. We seem to be posting at the same time quite often.

Nev
          maybe youre both female(without knowing), and have synchronised?
          she's no angel

Comment

Nah, we're just telepathic. Can't be doin' with that wimmin' business.
            Nevs on the other side of the world too! Now that's freaky!

Comment

isnt that just typical though, i go since last april when i bought my surf, to now, the day of its mot retest... and there ya go.. a bulb carps it
              she's no angel

Comment

I know that rapidly flashing indicator oh so well !!

Have replaced my Indicator bulbs with LEDS and had a fight getting a load resistor attached

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

you need a load resistor added in if you use LEDs?
                  isnt there just a simple plug in LED solution?

I replaced the side lights on my Speed Triple a couple of years ago, had blue ones instead of the white, yes it was illegal but its par for the course when you mod a motorbike. They were bayonette type, so I had to replace the screw in socket. but thats all.
                  she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                    you need a load resistor added in if you use LEDs?
                    isnt there just a simple plug in LED solution?

I replaced the side lights on my Speed Triple a couple of years ago, had blue ones instead of the white, yes it was illegal but its par for the course when you mod a motorbike. They were bayonette type, so I had to replace the screw in socket. but thats all.
                    I did for the indicators, all 4 of em !!

But LED indicators look great behind clear lens - no hint of the orange until they flash

Didn't need the resistors for the brake bulbs though

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                      also i had my ebay account suspended today, they email me to say they removed a listing of mine, say they will give me a formal warning, but then i find my account is suspended anyway. Not sure what I did to offend. I sell pvc stuff on ebay, sold lots of it in the past. put something new on there yesterday with a nice pic, absolutely nothing obscene in the pic or words... except I maybe violated their insane american policy by putting BDSM in the title. I could probably try to sell my dead grans ashes on there and not have a problem, mention a sexy skirt and they go all... ooooh... you can t sell that on here ( despite there being hundreds already on there)
                      Did you use what ebay call 'spamming' in the title of the auction?
                      For example when people sell a VW Golf they often put in the description "not Ford, Corsa, Saxo"

It means anyone searching for a Saxo will have this auction pop up as well. Ebay recently stopped letting sellers do this, and I had about 5 auctions canned as a result. Never got suspended though.

You may also have had 'brute force' attempts on your User ID and password usually from our Nigerian friends so they can post auctions, buy items etc. for fraud.

Just a thought.
                      Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                        Vince

Nev
                        Its not really that wierd, Vince posts all the time, so theres a good chance you'll post up something together by just repling to a post.

I think this place is changing, over ten replys and no one's taken the 'PVC items' bait Jayne so deftly slipped into the post.

You can tell Matt's not around!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dleach2103
                          Did you use what ebay call 'spamming' in the title of the auction?
                          For example when people sell a VW Golf they often put in the description "not Ford, Corsa, Saxo"

It means anyone searching for a Saxo will have this auction pop up as well. Ebay recently stopped letting sellers do this, and I had about 5 auctions canned as a result. Never got suspended though.

You may also have had 'brute force' attempts on your User ID and password usually from our Nigerian friends so they can post auctions, buy items etc. for fraud.

Just a thought.
                          No, my title was thus: PVC tie side SKIRT goth BDSM sz 8 10 12 14 FREE UK PP

see pic attached for the actual pic i used. ( i got one of our models from a centrefold shoot to wear it for me cuz im too fat to model anything other than whale suits)
                          the matching boob tube has not been canned, and the only difference between the two listings is the fact I havent used BDSM in the title for the boob tube.

I now have another problem... see new thread for that... exhaust bore, spare pipe anyone?
                          Last edited by Toyney; 23 August 2006, 17:54.
                          she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            I think this place is changing, over ten replys and no one's taken the 'PVC items' bait Jayne so deftly slipped into the post.

Just got up after a night shift.........woke up when I saw the pvc skirt but now they are just yakking about bulbs.....................

Comment

Working...
                            X