3 litre on its way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 litre on its way?

Another problem with my truck this morning. The starter just clicks. Bashed the starter with a bit of wood a few times and its started.

I am going to get a 3 litre with 86K on the clock Met blue on the M is the price of 4 Grand OK? I will get 2750 for my 2.4 and pay 1272 cash.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    Another problem with my truck this morning. The starter just clicks. Bashed the starter with a bit of wood a few times and its started.

I am going to get a 3 litre with 86K on the clock Met blue on the M is the price of 4 Grand OK? I will get 2750 for my 2.4 and pay 1272 cash.

Al.
    that sounds good to me.I am getting a 3l aswell this week on a l plate and paying 5k but mother inlaw is giving me the dosh to get it until i sell the 2.4 and repay the money back
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hehe!! now your mother-in-law OWNS you!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        hehe!! now your mother-in-law OWNS you!

you can say that again.i will be forever thanking her and buying her flowers just to show my appreciation
        At least 1 good thing as long as she gets the cash for my 2.4 whatever it sells for than she isnt in a rush to get therest paid back

Comment

WOW I am in love. TEST DROVE THE 3 LITRE. Its torque is amazing compared to the 2.4.

I would have bought it on the spot but did not because of 2 things

1 the starter just clicked when the dealer tried to start it and needed hitting with a walking stick. (easy fix i know). Amazingly this is the reason I looked at the car in the first place because my 2.4 did the same thing this morning

2 despite being an M reg its got rust under the tailgate and along the door bottoms, mine is a J reg and has no rust!

Bummer, but I WILL be driving a 3 VERY soon.

Comment

i test drove the 3.0l today aswell for 2hrs and i had a phone call 30 mins b4 i was due to drive it asking to leave it for a hour as they had just noticed 1 of the batteries was duff and needed to get it charged for me to take out.but like you the differance inpower is so amazing.the one i am getting has been in the country for just over 12months and only done 2000km since so its not too bad only 120k on the clock theres a few bits that need sorting but that will all be done by next week for me.there was a slight shaking when i got to 65,the t/belt i have said i want a written garantee that it was changed and if they wont give me it in writting then for it to be renewed this is only as it is being sold for a dealer in leeds. it will all be seviced ,valeted for me for midweek

Comment

See, all you 2.4 guys though we've B/Sing you and are always in denial when we post up how good the 3.0's are.

Now you understand!

Next posts from you two with lots of '!!!!!!'s at the end will be how much easier they are to work on than 2.4's. Which we've also be saying for years.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                See, all you 2.4 guys though we've B/Sing you and are always in denial when we post up how good the 3.0's are.

Now you understand!

Next posts from you two with lots of '!!!!!!'s at the end will be how much easier they are to work on than 2.4's. Which we've also be saying for years.

Just thought of something else! The truck was badged as an ssr-G the G being gold in colour but the truck had standard and rather worn seats rather than nice recaros as was expected from a low mileage ssr-G

Probably dodgy in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Now you understand!

Remember kids, There's no replacement, for displacement.

Comment

if i had found this site b4 i got my 2.4 then things would of been differant but my 2.4 has never let me down at all since ive had it and its been a real pleasure having it and will be sad to see it go to tell the truth so hopefully whoever has it next will enjoy it as much as i have

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Remember kids, There's no replacement, for displacement.

Correct Vince,
                      No substitue for cubes as the yanks say. (and they should know)

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        if i had found this site b4 i got my 2.4 then things would of been differant but my 2.4 has never let me down at all since ive had it and its been a real pleasure having it and will be sad to see it go to tell the truth so hopefully whoever has it next will enjoy it as much as i have
                        Yeah, I was only half joking, the 2.4 is a perfectly good motor, and does the job well enough.

If the 3.0 had never come along, most people would still be perfectly happy driving around in 2.4's

But it is just such a huge improvement over the old motor, and the 3.0TD is so close in performance to the 3.0 V6 petrol I used to have without the lousy MPG its amazing, especially if you get to drive all 3 types frequently as I do.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X