No announcement yet.

Aluminium repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never used any such stuff for alloy but i guess these cast iron rods are similar. For industrial use gotta use mig just coz its so fast.

Comment

Right well most of that went over my head but i've got the general idea, I've
      seen that light bar before, It looks good but will be too high for my garage
      door, I want to make a bar with 5 or 6 sort of 2" stainless washers welded
      along the leading edge to take the little 3.5" lights (like the one in the pic but
      blue), So the whole set up is only about 5" off the roof, Also thought about making it rotate through 45% so i can lower it without having to take em off,
      (car parks etc) its gota look neat dont want a lot of bolts and brackets showing, Ian. Sod! the piccy wont load, Whats going on
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

We use MIG for stainless plate and the like, tube we use a TIG running 50:50 Argon Helium mix.
        Ali we use a an inverter unit, running pure Argon, we dont pre heat.... just fire and go.
        My own welder is a full synergic pulse MIG from ESAB, soft start, crater fill and timed weld passes for robotic welding (£7000). I run using a 5% Co2 mixed argon.
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
          My own welder is a full synergic pulse MIG from ESAB, soft start, crater fill and timed weld passes for robotic welding (£7000). I run using a 5% Co2 mixed argon.
          :drool:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            :drool:

Same here, I'd love to get myself a really decent unit. I'm operating with a Snap-on pocket mig I got about 15 years ago, when I've tried to buy spares for it I'm always laughed at and told to bin it, as all the welders/welding suppliers I speak to reckon its impossible to produce anything other than bird-sh1te with it! Still, it works fine for me, and I've even managed to successfully weld cast to mild and ss to mild with it.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
            X