That Little Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Little Mirror

I must be about the only one on here that likes that little wing mirror, In fact
    i'd like its mate, So am i right in thinking the US 4runner would have the matching one on the r/h wing? (l/h if yer standing in front) Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

It's useless and just mucks up the aero dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      I must be about the only one on here that likes that little wing mirror, In fact
      i'd like its mate, So am i right in thinking the US 4runner would have the matching one on the r/h wing? (l/h if yer standing in front) Ian
      I was thinking the same - only replace the mirror glass with something maginfying - be great for towing the caravan.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

when I have been over there in the US I have seen 4runners, NO mirror on em, think it;s a Jap market only jobby !!!

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I literally never use it and cant see why anyone would
          Kite Surf

Comment

Yeah, it's not even any good for lookin' at wimmins bums as they walk past when I'm parked........................ ...................dammit! did I just say that out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
              I was thinking the same - only replace the mirror glass with something maginfying - be great for towing the caravan.

I've done just that very thing, managed to find a convexed mirror that's just about the same size as the flat one and stuck it over the top, makes it almost usefull.
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Aero dynamics-,Did`nt Know Surfs had any
                Stella Artois

Comment

I must be the only one who sometimes uses it I think, but only in one circumstance and that is parallel parking outside my house. We live down a private very narrow lane (Tim - Dirtydog and Tony and Linda can vouch) and have to parallel park very tight. If I put the Surf outside the house then the mirror is a godsend as when I pull alongside my neighbours car there is so little space and when the front swings out I have to check my clearance of the front left arch against a telephone pole cable - I have to almost hit it to be perfectly lined up to get in the space without lots of shuffling about. Of course, I could do it without it being there, just makes it a little easier.

Otherwise - I agree it is useless!
                  Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Think your right Trev, I spent most of yesterday evening looking at US 4runner sites and none had them on, Must be a jap thing, Sod it. Also was
                    looking for a fairly good car compass (with a light in), I buggered up the one i had when i drilled into the base to fit a light and drilled the compensating
                    cogs,

Comment

Think your right Trev, I spent most of yesterday evening looking at US 4runner sites and none had them on, Must be a jap thing, Sod it. Also was
                      looking for a fairly good car compass (with a light in), I buggered up the one i had when i drilled into the base to fit a light and drilled the compensating
                      cogs,
                      I gave in with the compass, but ended up witha compass for my PDA

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        I gave in with the compass, but ended up witha compass for my PDA

Trev
                        Couldn't find a use for such a Luxury, If I had one !!!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

cogs,

http://www.themapshop.co.uk/compasscar.htm

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ritch...9869QQtcZphoto,
                            Cheers mate, Found the one im after, Good spec and it fits into a 2" gauge hole, Counting my pennys up now, Ian

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Hate to be the one to point this out to you mr Bushwacker Sir, but the Surf has the aerodynamics of a Brick and I'm not convinced the second wee mirror will upset it too much, you may look silly I agree but aerdynamically I am yet to be convinced!
                              I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Working...
                              X