No announcement yet.

Don't know if its scam or real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would seriously take some of the advice on this post.
    Transfer the funds into another account and shut the one you have.
    Inform your bank immediately.
    Hold the funds in your other account and do not spend them.
    Contact the police and ask to speak to somebody in the money laundering unit or cheque and credit card fraud unit urgently.
    They may already be investigating the scamming little pr**k and just need that little bit more evidence to firm things up.

You must close that account because you account details are probably just waiting to be put onto a blank bank card and used. ID theft is massive and all they need to clone you card are the details that are on it, the ones that you gave them. They are unlikely to use the details straight away because that points the finger at them, but a couple of months later they like to share your cash.
    i've seen tesco club cards with visa card details on them so they can be used in pay at the pump petrol pumps! Why..... because nobody checks what card you put in.

Always be sooooooo careful who handles your cash cards and has your details because it doesn't take much info from you or long to swipe your card and all of a sudden there are 2 of you. I've seen an entire card cloned in 2 mins flat.
    A bloke went into a garage after filling up to pay. he gave to cashier his card. The cashier being the gent that he is put it through the till, doesn't read it ... oh it must be dirty... then it would be cleaned on his shirt and put through again and would work. you would sign and away you go. 2 months later you would lose max cash machine withdrawl at 2355 and then again at 0005. About £300 is the max limit at the moment. £600 in ten mins.
    When the cashier was given the card he would put it through the wrong way and it would not read. whilst cleaning the card on his shirt it would pass through the small card reader that was clipped to his belt. That fateful second was all it took. And there are all sorts of excuses to take your card out of your sight for that second, i dropped my pen, which car is yours sir, the fit blonde on the fore court getting out of the surf!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay101
      i would seriously take some of the advice on this post.
      Transfer the funds into another account and shut the one you have.
      Inform your bank immediately.
      Hold the funds in your other account and do not spend them.
      Contact the police and ask to speak to somebody in the money laundering unit or cheque and credit card fraud unit urgently.
      They may already be investigating the scamming little pr**k and just need that little bit more evidence to firm things up.

You must close that account because you account details are probably just waiting to be put onto a blank bank card and used. ID theft is massive and all they need to clone you card are the details that are on it, the ones that you gave them. They are unlikely to use the details straight away because that points the finger at them, but a couple of months later they like to share your cash.
      i've seen tesco club cards with visa card details on them so they can be used in pay at the pump petrol pumps! Why..... because nobody checks what card you put in.

Always be sooooooo careful who handles your cash cards and has your details because it doesn't take much info from you or long to swipe your card and all of a sudden there are 2 of you. I've seen an entire card cloned in 2 mins flat.
      A bloke went into a garage after filling up to pay. he gave to cashier his card. The cashier being the gent that he is put it through the till, doesn't read it ... oh it must be dirty... then it would be cleaned on his shirt and put through again and would work. you would sign and away you go. 2 months later you would lose max cash machine withdrawl at 2355 and then again at 0005. About £300 is the max limit at the moment. £600 in ten mins.
      When the cashier was given the card he would put it through the wrong way and it would not read. whilst cleaning the card on his shirt it would pass through the small card reader that was clipped to his belt. That fateful second was all it took. And there are all sorts of excuses to take your card out of your sight for that second, i dropped my pen, which car is yours sir, the fit blonde on the fore court getting out of the surf!!
      going a bit off topic but following on from this post.... I've seen/handled the equipment used to clone cards and it isn't very sophisticated at all. a swipe machine, a laptop and a card writer. it's all very portable and all too easy to clone cards. this is why chip and pin was invented, as making the chip is a lot harder than making the magnetic strip work properly.
      I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Wow, I though this would be dead by now, but the entertainment has only just started!!!!!

As an aside, I need to give Mooter my bank details to get some money off him, do you think he will scam me?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
          Listen mate as a favour I can sell you a bridge that goes up n down? £7k & I'll promise I will deliver and set it up, honest guv............
          Don't listen to him....That bridge is in my name.....and I'm selling it for only £6500.....................

Comment

Er Dave! You mean OUR names.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Er Dave! You mean OUR names.
              erm.....yea dont worry ,you'll get your 20%..........thats about £300 inntit?

Comment

yeah, give or take a quid.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                  Listen m8 dont post on this subject again your making a fool of yourself anyone with an ounce of grey matter would shut that account asap.
                  Even if you were a bit slow to start with this thread has ran long enough.

Do you really belive we are all wrong and that these nice guys are giving you a real payment then kick on.

Or if you want I give you my paypal address send me 7K and I will sort it out

Oi I had first dibs on his cash on here ....back off
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                    Don't listen to him....That bridge is in my name.....and I'm selling it for only £6500.....................

I got some nice spare parts that you will need for this bridge....genuine - not patten, absolutely essential for when the bridge goes a bit sticky, teflon coated and the 'made in china' is just a pattern on the box and yours for only 5 grand ....but if you can send me the shipping costs of £3500 cos I have to book the boat ....before the next full moon ....and the owner has just died.......................... ....................
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Come on then so what happened? I just read 6 pages with no conclusion. I feel cheated.... Its like watching a film and having the tape go all fuzzy at the end. Tape? Man how 90's is that?! I mean its like having a big scratch on your dvd!!

I had one of these emails yesterday. I said i only deal in cash and if that wasn't good enough he'd have to find himself another car to buy. He aint got back to me, I wonder what put him off?

Comment

I think he got the pish ripped out of him that much, I guess we will never know!

Pity, cos I was intrigued!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by mithujee
                          So even after 8 days, bank still doesn't know that its not real transaction, and they saying its cleared, you can use it Why ?

UK banking is neanderthal services. They will pass the mistake on to you. They will not loose their Billion Pound proffit to your mistake

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                            as I said in my first reply....close the a/c, cut & run with the cash for as long as you can.
                            put the cash where you can get some interest (if you shop around, 5% ish) then when you get demands from the old bank at least you have had something for your trouble - a loan from a nigerian shark or from a uk bank, tax free with interest!
                            BUT EMPTY THE ACCOUNT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES, you are safeguarding your funds and holding them safely pending anything turning up from wherever
                            These GUYS are CRIMINALS and do not VALUE YOUR LIFE. CUT AND RUNthat is what they will do to you. Idiot move if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                            X