New Exhaust Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust Choice

What are the benefits if any of fitting a stainless steel exhaust and are there any drawbacks that anyone knows of...obviously i know about the lifespan...but to be honest thats about all i know...cheers guys
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

I don't know about diesels, but on a petrol car the exhaust gasses flow better.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      that could be a good thing...thanks
      [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Fit a big bore. I did n 4 a month i didnt hav th radio on, i just listened 2 th low rumble. Still puts a smile on my face when i hear it.

Comment

Why's that then? Surely, after a while, the sooty deposits will build up, and (eventually) restrict the bore enough to cause a difference to engine performance.

Now, on a vehicle with a 'standard' mild steel exhaust, it will probably wear out and need replacing, but a stainless one won't. It'll just get worse and worse. (Ever notice how well a car seems to go just after a new exhaust is fitted??)

I did read somewhere that ideally, you need to remove stainless zorsts occasionally, and clean them out, using a caustic solution. Not nice stuff..

Just my opinion, but I'm not a fan of stainless.

AND, if you go off road, you could rip it off and be WELL out of pocket!!!
          It just does, OK?

Comment

I think the sooty deposits don't stick like they do to the corroded and pitted aluminised steel zorst, so the gasses will always flow better for longer.
            But I agree Dave, stainless exhausts are a bit 'flash' but o.k. if you don't like doing your own maintenance.
            If mine starts to blow/leak, I whip it off and weld it up or replace sections.

Comment

I think the sooty deposits don't stick like they do to the corroded and pitted aluminised steel zorst, so the gasses will always flow better for longer.
              But I agree Dave, stainless exhausts are a bit 'flash' but o.k. if you don't like doing your own maintenance.
              If mine starts to blow/leak, I whip it off and weld it up or replace sections.

I've always been told to replace the whole thing if one part goes cause sods law says another part will go in a couple of months time.

Comment

Working...
              X