Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I Got LSD?

Hi All,

Cannot find sticker on the axle as it has been Waxoyled!

I am going to change the diff oils and I need to know if I have LSD or not!

Have tried the link for Differential Identification but I can't read it at all, it is like double dutch!

Differential Identification

I "think" I have LSD but rather than make a costly mistake perhaps one of you kind chaps could tell me if I have LSD or not?

My relevant information number is:-

A343F G145

Thanks!

Gary
    Last edited by hellmett; 15 February 2006, 18:10.

You need to jack up the rear of your truck so that both wheels are off the ground. Turn one of the wheels by hand and if the wheel on the other side turns in the opposite direction..................... you aint got an LSD!

Comment

Re

Apparently, this is not accurate as the LSD can sometimes wear with age and behave like an open diff.

Thus when you turn the wheels you are none the wiser!

I don't have access to a jack or other equipment to try it.

The only sure way is the sticker on the axle or axle code off the information plate, or so I'm told!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
        Hi All,

Cannot find sticker on the axle as it has been Waxoyled!

I am going to change the diff oils and I need to know if I have LSD or not!

Have tried the link for Differential Identification but I can't read it at all, it is like double dutch!

I "think" I have LSD but rather than make a costly mistake perhaps one of you kind chaps could tell me if I have LSD or not?

My relevant information number is:-

A343F G145

Thanks!

Gary
        pop one and then you will find out.............. if you start seeing pigs flying then u have l.s.d
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          pop one and then you will find out.............. if you start seeing pigs flying then u have l.s.d
          Think that one has been done before mate!

Comment

See post 15 on here
            (its the last post at the moment).

Comment

G = 8.0"
              All 4x4 4Runners and Pickups

14 = 4.875
              31", AT 22RE

5 = 4 Pinions (LSD)
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                YOUR AXLE CODE IS SAME AS MINE AND MINE DEF HAS LSD. Like it says if you jack it up both wheels should turn same way at some point. I checked mine like this and once it turned opposite way but then later it turned the same, so try it a few times after driving it when oil has warmed up. Mine has the LSD sticker on so I know mine was anyhow.

Comment

Re

Thanks for the info guys!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
                    Thanks for the info guys!

Gary
                    providing your lsd diff still works the quickest and easyiest way (plus you stay dry and clean) is to drive on to a loose surface with one wheel and the other on a hard dry surface and excelerate off. if you have lsd then you wont wheelspin the wheel thats on the loose stuff.
                    best done with one wheel on wet grass/mud and the other on tarmac and on an incline.

or again find somewhere with a loose surface or try the beach if you have one to hand, floor it... if it leaves two equal wheelspin marks.. then you have lsd
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I used to have a BMW 7 series with an LSD, loads of fun turning 'round in a car park, just turn steering wheel to full lock and floor it!

Comment

ok, im gonna go and have a look at my axle code in a mo but i have a sticker on mine that says 'use LSD oil only' does that sound like I have one then...

cheers!
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Amedias
                          ok, im gonna go and have a look at my axle code in a mo but i have a sticker on mine that says 'use LSD oil only' does that sound like I have one then...
                          cheers!
                          Matt

Yep!....
                          Gaz

Comment

Working...
                          X