Hope it was't a Surf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope it was't a Surf!

Just got back from a long trip to one of the national parks here in Thailand.
    Coud'nt believe the mileage (Kiloage ?) I got out of the Sports Rider. 660kms on a full tank. Average speed was 100kmh, 6 adults in the car (It's a 7 seater). Back and front air-con on all the time.

Anyhow today I have been catching up with things, and of course the vital thing was to listen to the 'Archers' omnibus edition on the BBC internet service. David Archer was run of the road by an illegal greenlaner tearing down one of the bridleways in Ambridge. To add insult to injury the details that the miscreant driver gave to our David turned out to be false. Hope it was no one on here!

i reckon it was a pajero...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

damn, i wish i was still in thailand..been twice and love the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        i reckon it was a pajero...
        I reckon I'll be booted off here or this, but... I'd love a Pajero Evo, even if it does look terminally gay!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Living in Thailand

Originally posted by anson
          damn, i wish i was still in thailand..been twice and love the place.
          It's quite a splendid place to live as well, I know, I had enough of the United Blairdom Nanny state.
          Still even here there are drawbacks. As a foreigner I have to present myself every 90 days to immigration to prove my address, no real hardship as the whole process takes about 10 minutes, and once per year I have to present a bank statement that proves that I have had paid in X ammount of money to support myself for the next year, so that I do not rely on the Thai state. (there are no social bennefits whatsoever for foreigners, so figure that one out).
          My first year here I had to physically leave the country every 90 days, just over a local border, and turn arround again.
          Can you immagine all your lot in the UK going to France every 90 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Brit in Thailand
            I do but also have to go to Belgium for a while, well the fags are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit in Thailand
              It's quite a splendid place to live as well, I know, I had enough of the United Blairdom Nanny state.
              Still even here there are drawbacks. As a foreigner I have to present myself every 90 days to immigration to prove my address, no real hardship as the whole process takes about 10 minutes, and once per year I have to present a bank statement that proves that I have had paid in X ammount of money to support myself for the next year, so that I do not rely on the Thai state. (there are no social bennefits whatsoever for foreigners, so figure that one out).
              My first year here I had to physically leave the country every 90 days, just over a local border, and turn arround again.
              the g/f`s m8 went to thailand and was earning a living by teaching english to the japs and chinese..she had to leave for a week so met up with her parents in malaysia for 2 weeks then went back..that was a year ago..she`s now working in new zealand...lucky b***h
              ps lucky that she`s lazy..she was meant to go on a boat trip but didn`t manage the morning trip and so was going on the afternoon instead...on the way to the beach ,she was wondering why the thai`s were telling her to go back up the hill..it was the day of the BIG wave

Comment

i like that bit...... i like it alot....... like it loadzzzzzz

NO SOCIAL BENEFITS FOR FOREIGNERS..... may solve a lot of problems, me thinks....

carl........... discuss ??
                gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Hilux saved me (?)

[QUOTE=
                  ps lucky that she`s lazy..she was meant to go on a boat trip but didn`t manage the morning trip and so was going on the afternoon instead...on the way to the beach ,she was wondering why the thai`s were telling her to go back up the hill..it was the day of the BIG wave :shocking.

Up the hill? Was that Phi-Phi island? The wife and I were going to go down to Phi-Phi island for the Christmas holiday, a couple of days before Christmas, saw this Toyota Sports Rider 5 in the dealers and had to have it. Could'nt afford a holiday as well! Lost a few diving buddies who were resident on the island, very sad.

Comment

Working...
                  X