Oil Depot pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Depot pictures

I took these yesterday on my phone, as I'm on Swindon store, Devizes collection, trunk up to Hemel depot, reload and back to Thatcham. It's the first time I've seen the damage close up, and wow, what devistation. That was the daddy of all UK blast waves.....
    Attached Files

Looks one hell of a mess.
    Did they end up with loads of contaminated fuel to dispose of as well?
    What is "the word" around the depot on how it started then??
    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      I took these yesterday on my phone, as I'm on Swindon store, Devizes collection, trunk up to Hemel depot, reload and back to Thatcham. It's the first time I've seen the damage close up, and wow, what devistation. That was the daddy of all UK blast waves.....
      I live half a mile away and the noise was amazing. I wish i had a burger van cause you could of made a killing at 6 AM that sunday morning
      Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        If you like them, you'll love these, Got about a dozen ariel shots only problem is I can't seperate as jpg's & its in pps format of 1.07mb.
        Not sure if it would be right to submit on forum.

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          I live half a mile away and the noise was amazing. I wish i had a burger van cause you could of made a killing at 6 AM that sunday morning
          Dunno about a Burger Van Chris, nearly was a Burger that Morning.
          Priorities right,
          1 Start up Truck in case of evac.
          2 Get dressed, ready a awaiting evac.
          3 Have a Fag
          4 Make a cuppa.
          5 Standown evac.
          6 Turn of Central heating.
          7 Stand outside Feel the Warmth.

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it coming !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

I feel sorry for you if your on the Devizes run .
            what big wheeler you driving and i'll try and wave if i see you
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
              If you like them, you'll love these, Got about a dozen ariel shots only problem is I can't seperate as jpg's & its in pps format of 1.07mb.
              Not sure if it would be right to submit on forum.

Any chance you could email to me? My firm is doing some work cleaning up the site for the Environment Agency and also on some insurance claims for a local business but I've not been up there myself yet.

Comment

I can send these Pics ( I dont know how to seperate them into jpg images) & you do realise they are in a pps format ! (still Viewable, feel the heat)

There's always a Payback.... You just don't see it comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                  I can send these Pics ( I dont know how to seperate them into jpg images) & you do realise they are in a pps format ! (still Viewable, feel the heat)

There's always a Payback.... You just don't see it comin !!!!
                  PPS is fine. dan.collins@uk.bureauveritas.c om

much appreciated, thankyou

Comment

It was the bang of all bangs. I was in a petrol station in London Colney and the whole building shook as if a small earth quake had happened. Went down there got to within about 150-200m of it! hot hot hot!

Got about 70 photos but can't put on here as the files are 2 large, will email if anyone is interested. Some of the tanks with a massive ball of fire coming out the top is impressive. Also got a cracking pic of what used to be a Porshce.

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
                      I feel sorry for you if your on the Devizes run .
                      what big wheeler you driving and i'll try and wave if i see you

A Marks and Spencer artic. Swindon to Devizes, then through Marlborough and upto Hemel. Go through Amesbury. Nice and scenic!!

Comment

WOW those pics are something else,,looks like the estate I live on.
                        HUFC
                        HEREFORD IS IN ENGLAND.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil her up
                          Looks one hell of a mess.
                          Did they end up with loads of contaminated fuel to dispose of as well?
                          What is "the word" around the depot on how it started then??
                          Hi Phil -er, as no one has answered your Question, yes there was lots of Contaminated Foam, Fuel & Water to dispose of & at filteration plant they are lost what to do with the sticky, sloppy residue thats left over.

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X