the sumo mobile is poorly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sumo mobile is poorly

The sumo mobile is in big trouble, my m8 cooked it on the M25 last sunday and the old girl had to be bought home on a recovery truck.Got her pressure tested today and yep the head gasket or the head has gone.I must say that I have had the old girl for 6 years and have used and abused her well and the problem was caused by driving her with no coolant in for god knows how far and NOTHING to do with design faults,this can happen to any vehicle.
    So my next problem is do I repair her (of course I will) or up grade to either a 2.8 deisel or V8 or can I put a 3.0 in her,I think I'll stick to a deisel if I can but who knows,what ever happens its got to be fixed quick cos I got some off road events to go to next month.I can get on to Milners for the 2.4 parts and fix her as she is but I have always wanted more power.
    Any suggestions and Ideas would be greatly accepted and I may as well say now TonyN you got mail so clear your in box.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Oh poo ! Sorry to hear the bad news mate . Best pull head off for a shifty at the gasket and head . Then you need to make a choice if the head is FUBAR . I would go 2.8 if you want no ECU to fit , but I recon a 3.0 would go in with an ECU wirred on a seperate loom , and a upgraded rad .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the Sumomobile. You must feel lost. I don't know how much damage cooking a diesel engine does. Hope you get her fixed soon.

In the mean time I guess you will be Zooking to work.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

To be honest, the only real option if you want to get back on the road this side of summer is to repair it. It'll be far cheaper as well.

If worst comes to worst, and you need a new head, £799 for the parts and DIY'ing yourself it is far cheaper than swapping a new motor in.

But if you want to upgrade, we'll support you all the way....

Hope you mate is gonna at least buy you beers for a year!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          To be honest, the only rear option if you want to get back on the road this side of summer is to repair it. It'll be far cheaper as well.

If worst comes to worst, and you need a new head, £799 for the parts and DIY'ing yourself it is far cheaper than swapping a new motor in.

But if you want to upgrade, we'll support you all the way....

Hope you mate is gonna at least buy you beers for a year!

I dont know about the beers but I got his cheque book and the keys to his house,while he is in the Maldives on a diving holiday.
          I think your right the new head route Tony.I had better got on to stevo to see what he's got.
          I aint done a head replacement for years and that was on a BMW 316 are there any major no no's or is it just a case of remove every pipe,hose and cable to get at the engin then take it apart and replace in reverse order,or do I need any special tools? are there any bits that are likly fall off or bounce out,like springs.Looks like I got to get the manual out dont it.

Comment

I just been talking to Stevo and hopfully the bits will be in the post monday.......
            watch this space for updates and spanner rash and tears and tool throwing and lots of stoopid questions and the final comment of well I did it and look I got all these bits left over.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              I just been talking to Stevo and hopfully the bits will be in the post monday.......
              watch this space for updates and spanner rash and tears and tool throwing and lots of stoopid questions and the final comment of well I did it and look I got all these bits left over.

Bad news about the sumomobile Don't lose too many tools when throwing , i've lost so many spanners and they were not thrown too hard Attach a bungee before throwing.......Why are there alway bits left over???
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                well I did it and look I got all these bits left over.
                I see we went to the same mechanic school LOL

Good luck getting it back on the road m8!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Hope you're back on the road soon Rick.

As for your mate .......
                  Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
                  X