Why is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it?

Why is it whenever I take a holiday I get several emails or telephone calls to say somethings wrong and it/ or they can't fix it.

So half my hols I'm either back into work or expecting a call that will mean explaining something more technical over the phone...and then end having to go into work to finish it or sort it out properly.

In the past I have purposely spent money I didn't want to to go away [majorca and Rhodes] just to ensure that they can't get hold of me!

Monday gets and email from Friday, Monday Night gets an email, Tuesday email, and today Telephone call and later on an email which may mean me going into work again tomorrow!.

Computers who the ****** hell needs em
    Every time I book my hols i'm asked am I going away!
    Last edited by Gizmo; 8 February 2006, 21:04. Reason: spelling
    Gaz

GAZ tell them you are going abroad as i do! Phone rings & i say im in ESPAGNE But im at home It works everytime
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      GAZ tell them you are going abroad as i do! Phone rings & i say im in ESPAGNE But im at home It works everytime

Doesnt' work Mark...they seem to know I'm telling fibs...and as the MD is my boss its more awkward
      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
        Doesnt' work Mark...they seem to know I'm telling fibs...and as the MD is my boss its more awkward
        Tell them to sod off
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Why is it whenever I take a holiday I get several emails or telephone calls to say somethings wrong and it/ or they can't fix it.

So half my hols I'm either back into work or expecting a call that will mean explaining something more technical over the phone...and then end having to go into work to finish it or sort it out properly.

In the past I have purposely spent money I didn't want to to go away [majorca and Rhodes] just to ensure that they can't get hold of me!

Monday gets and email from Friday, Monday Night gets an email, Tuesday email, and today Telephone call and later on an email which may mean me going into work again tomorrow!.

sounds to me like they cant do without you... ask for a raise or turn the phone off
          I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

phone off, home phone on caller id, and dont even bother opening any emails.

you love it really!!!
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

If your phone is a PDA like mine & has GPRS they can track you & see where you are. BUGGA!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Join the military like I did!

Once you on leave nothing can touch you!

So far managed to be on leave for 911 (was just about to catch the ferry off the Shetland Isles and just last week managed to be on leave whilst they were looking for a tech to send out to Iraq!

It's a skill I have - being else where when needed!

Comment

I found that listeneing to the problem and then answering with phrases like "That's a shame", "You'll have to get someone to look at that" and "Put that on my list for next week, after the other stuff" then hanging up stopped them ringing after a while

Comment

I usally moan when i get back in, exploiting the 'skills exposure' they have to maintain critical systems, that usually makes them think a little.

The problem is they will wrong you one day and then you will really be angry when they ring you on holiday. I'm afraid its a rod we make for our own backs.

Being service orientated is a thankless task buddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X