Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hic, hic, hic,

Hi there,

This may seem like a strange request but has anyone got a cure for hiccups - I've had them for hours!!!!!

Jacqueline

Originally posted by jax
    Hi there,

This may seem like a strange request but has anyone got a cure for hiccups - I've had them for hours!!!!!
    Jacqueline
    well, when i was a young 'un my dad once told me to hold my breath for half an hour............ he said that'd cure anything..... !!!!

Comment

BOO!
      Gaz

Comment

He, he, hic, he, he, hic, hic

Jacqueline

Comment

I've heard that copious amounts of Fosters does the trick!!

Comment

try a shot of vinegar, father in law always recomends it but im not sure if he's trying to kill me off!

Comment

find a big old key, put it in the fridge for 10 minutes, then get someone else to drop it down the back of your neck. honest, its not just an old wives tale..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Hello,

Well, I hope you're cured.

But......a guaranteed cure

Take half a glass of water, bend yourself forward, and drink out of the wrong side of the glass (you will be bent forward almost double, and probably spill some). You must swallow several mouthfuls.

It will work!

Regards

ps - don't do this with your partner anywhere near, you know why.......
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  find a big old key, put it in the fridge for 10 minutes, then get someone else to drop it down the back of your neck. honest, its not just an old wives tale..
                  does any particular type of key work better than another chillit?
                  Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                    does any particular type of key work better than another chillit?
                    well.... i found a victorian 2 lever iron rim lock key works much better than these new fangled cylinder keys or god forbid a eurolock...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

When i was a young,my uncle always used to say to me " do that again and i'll give you a fiver".......not once did a get the cash!!
                      So many toys-So little cash

Comment

for anyone suffering from hiccups... ( i get them a lot, sometimes daily)
                        the absolute best cure i have found is this:
                        firstly:
                        start a cold tap running, ideally a tap you must bend over to drink from....
                        then:
                        using both hands, put a thumb in each ear to block off the ear canal, then reach around with your little fingers and apply pressure to each nostril to completely close off your nose.
                        Now:
                        bend over and drink from the tap, you should feel a suction pressure on your thumbs into your ears... keep the seal, dont remove thumbs.
                        after several mouthfulls of water have been swallowed, remove thumbs from ears and fingers from nose..

hey presto... no hiccups.

works everytime on me. amazing.
                        she's no angel

Comment

Hmmmmm. I wonder if that method could be adapted to cure airlocks in the cooling system???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Hmmmmm. I wonder if that method could be adapted to cure airlocks in the cooling system???
                            best method of releasing airlocks from the system is use the dump valve on the bottom...
                            but you might find if your engine is female it will blame the car next to it or any innocent passing dog...
                            she's no angel

Comment

every one knows female engines dont need a dump valve at the bottom, cos the head has a chatter valve that doesnt allow the system to build up enough pressure to vent 'properly'
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X