Woo! Hoo! (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo! Hoo! (again)

My truck just passed it's annual check-up.

There's a new method of testing 4x4 brakes now, which I haven't seen before, It's a kind of platform which is probably no more than 2" off the ground, and the tester drives onto it from about ten feet back then stomps on the brake pedal!
    I asked him, "whats all that about then?" he said, " thats how they've been instructed on how to test four wheel drive vehicles now, so we don't get 'sued' for damaging four wheel drive systems on the rollers". It's got sensors built into the platform, hooked up to a computer and monitor.
    I did point out that wouldn't it have been more prudent to install the platform where there's a bit of a run-off area, and not facing the office in case the vehicle's brakes fail?!!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    My truck just passed it's annual check-up.

There's a new method of testing 4x4 brakes now, which I haven't seen before, It's a kind of platform which is probably no more than 2" off the ground, and the tester drives onto it from about ten feet back then stomps on the brake pedal!
    I asked him, "whats all that about then?" he said, " thats how they've been instructed on how to test four wheel drive vehicles now, so we don't get 'sued' for damaging four wheel drive systems on the rollers". It's got sensors built into the platform, hooked up to a computer and monitor.
    I did point out that wouldn't it have been more prudent to install the platform where there's a bit of a run-off area, and not facing the office in case the vehicle's brakes fail?!!

Not seen one of those at the garage I get my MOT's done. Took my Land Rover in December, never had one then.

I suppose it's a good idea for someone who hasn't got a clue about mechanics. But if you know what your doing, then you know if the brakes are ok or not.

Comment

Working...
    X