Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeeesus

I asked my wife if she would be kind enough to order me a service kit from
    milners plus some oil whilst i was on nights, "no problem" she said.
    finished nights today and carried out the service, found the receipt for £91
    She got the parts from jayar a local firm, not milners?? her dad told her jayar are
    cheaper, like he would know. the parts are BLUE PRINT genuine jap parts on the
    boxes, do you think i was ripped off

Originally posted by Nkerridge
    She got the parts from jayar a local firm, not milners?? her dad told her jayar are
    My surf is being serviced with these parts as well. I told the garage to use milners or roughtrax but they won't. Boxes are blue with a fingerfrint on them

They are good parts though.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I always serivce THE TRUCK myself - its quite a easy job to do... if its going into the garage for something more difficult i get the parts myself and send them in with the truck.. I don't think they can stop you doing that! (or at least they shouldn't).. Many of the garages have credit accounts with certain suppliers so get all there parts for all vehicles they deal with form the sam plaece.

EDIT: (Just picked up on my original wording!!) - thought better of it!
      Last edited by joe112; 8 February 2006, 17:27.
      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

I try to service myself when I can (no sniggering at the back!) but when I had to replace the pitman arm etc I took the bits from Milners to my local garage and they were only too happy to puit them on for me-I guess 2 hours labour charge is better than no charge at all!
        I remain, as always,

Gonzo

Comment

Originally posted by drgonzo
          I try to service myself when I can (no sniggering at the back!) but when I had to replace the pitman arm etc I took the bits from Milners to my local garage and they were only too happy to puit them on for me-I guess 2 hours labour charge is better than no charge at all!
          I have no doubt about the quality of the parts but they seem to be 50% more
          expensive than milners & roughtrax

Comment

Most definitely. I got Toyota filters from a main dealer cheaper than that.

Comment

I ve done the same buy stuff give it to garage as I had to have a VAT reciept for warranty.When I told em how much bloke was shocked as he has an import isuzu. Guess where he buys his parts now.
              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
                I ve done the same buy stuff give it to garage as I had to have a VAT reciept for warranty.When I told em how much bloke was shocked as he has an import isuzu. Guess where he buys his parts now.

Same here....I was consulted by a guy near our works who is a mechanic on parts/costs for an isuzu bighorn [lotus] model and he could not believe the pricing from milners when I printed off the info for him.
                Gaz

Comment

I always do my own services. Filter kit from milners £15+P&P+Vat (sometimes on offer at £10) but oil i get from local trade shop as abit cheaper than milners(garage suppliers) £25 inc vat for 25lts. Usually try to combine orders to keep carrage down or order 2 filter kits in 1 go to split cost.

£91 seems ott
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

do you think i was ripped off
                    Yup! I can get Blue print or Motorcraft parts locally, they are only another aftermarket company, I prefer the Nipparts stuff I get from Roughtrax, they feel better quality, filters are heavier, if nothing else.

Not as cheap as Roughtrax or Milners, but as has been said, Genuine Toyota oil filters are only £12ish, so £91 is a little steep.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X