Watchdog tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M35A2
    This is why honesty gets you nowhere. Don't tell the robbing bas****s nothing, and use the veg oil anyway.
    Totally agree - how the hell is the tax man going to know how much veg I put into my truck? (or am I being naive and missing something?!). How will he know when my first time was (ooo, errr).

I run about 20%. Tonight was £40 diesel (about 42litres) and £3.75 for 12 litres of oil = tank brimmed for less than £44 (normally £54).

The revenue can sod off.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Totally agree - how the hell is the tax man going to know how much veg I put into my truck? (or am I being naive and missing something?!). How will he know when my first time was (ooo, errr).

I run about 20%. Tonight was £40 diesel (about 42litres) and £3.75 for 12 litres of oil = tank brimmed for less than £44 (normally £54).

The revenue can sod off.
      Curious about this myself but if they dip you can they not ascertain the mixture ratios?

Not using veg oil here (did once but not now) but whats stopping you running 60 liters a month and only declaring 10-15? No way of proving that whatsoever providing you pay for the oil with cash.
      Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

whats to stop you ?

the revenue you guys log on and browse on forums like this!!
        and read stuff - and have link to your email address.

the HMC&E officer who visited me, had been reading stuff on pajero forum and goatindustries veg forum!
        so take care on what you say - can be incriminating!
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Just had a look at the Watchdog website and noticed that there is a specific Land Rover complaint letter!! All the other letters are generalised - not good for L/R me thinks.

Comment

Working...
          X