Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi fieldsy
    im running the tyre bf goodrich long trail and i find them great for road use wet dry etc no slides or skids yet! i havent had them in any really heavy off road use yet but they havent let me down either,one thing i would say is the threads hold a lot of mud and when you hit tarmac and built up speed they throw s**t everywhere. the most thing that bugs me about them is they pickup small chips and pebbles and really throw them at the truck with force and as a result i have lots of stone chips building up on my paint work. For winter use i have a 2nd set of wheels which i am fitting 31 x 10.5 r15 Bridgstone dueler M/Ts

Comment

Some comparisons here.
      http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

Pete

Comment

i had the same prob on my last suzi it was found out to be a buckled wheel
        [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          Another thing to remember is that Jap tires have different compounds in the rubber and are not designed for the climate over here (wet)

What do you mean it's not wet in Japan?

Japan is not much different from the UK:

The temperature varies widely over the country on any given day -- annual average temperatures range from 43 F/6 C to 72 F/22 C, depending on where you are. In general, the best times to visit are in October and April, when the foliage is changing and the temperatures are mild during the day and cool at night. May, June and July are the rainiest months, and June, July and August are hotter and more humid. Okinawa's beaches are nicest in July and August. Sweaters should be taken along for the occasional cool night (or if you're going into mountain regions). Winter months can become quite cold -- parts of Japan are on the same latitude as Siberia -- and the areas that aren't terribly cold most likely will be drizzly and dreary. The island of Hokkaido in far-northern Japan is bitterly cold in the winter.

Comment

My surf has Goodrich A/T (all terrain) fronts, and Goodrich M/T (mud terrain) rears, but, I have had the arse end slide out twice now on slow concrete road corners in the wet plus the M/T's are a tad noisy at about 40-50mph. I think I'll go for the AT's all round next.
            Also, just a note about SVA's/Mot's, my surf had badly worn idler arm bushes that should have been picked up on immediately if only from the rust colour on the arm which was obvious to even me.
            Since finding this forum I have learned a lot and would rather ask here first than trust any unknown dealer. Thanks you all!
            ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X