insurance for a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance for a surf

hi folds,,first off thanks for the help so far,,i so want a surf,i went for a test drive in one today,(used ) got bck to work and tried insurance ,,i am 37 (old git ) but getting silly quotes ,someone said try tesco but not very good ,,some wont even insure as classed as a ven ,,****** cheek mick 07949099585

Originally posted by flojoe
    hi folds,,first off thanks for the help so far,,i so want a surf,i went for a test drive in one today,(used ) got bck to work and tried insurance ,,i am 37 (old git ) but getting silly quotes ,someone said try tesco but not very good ,,some wont even insure as classed as a ven ,,****** cheek mick 07949099585
    got mine through a broker no problem 457.00 fully comp 15000 miles a year and that included business use as well..only stipulation was 500 excess and had to get a cat 1 fitted
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Hi
      insurance for them has been coming down.
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=insurance
      looooooong previous thread on it.

Comment

hi got mine from elephant.co.uk £274.00 fully comp i am 36 years old so another old git i hope this might help
        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

re insurance `

cheers great help ,,any more

Comment

re

elephant 3rd pft £ 487.00

Comment

Lifesure gave me a good quote last year but required a cat2
              Member Lifesure has since told me they dont require that now......
              http://www.lifesure.co.uk/japanese.php

Comment

tescos £268 fully comp ,

Comment

Im with tesco i previously insured the nissan pulsar and have had 2 claims in 8 months (yes i wrote 2 pulsars off)

My payments dropped from £54 to £34 a month

I think tesco are great i will never go elsewhere plus i get 10% staff discount

Comment

37 ,1 kid,2 years no claim live in essex ,,,must be a dodgy place ,,,,,,i have got it down to 339 company called quinn-direct

Comment

hey m8..i`m 37 aswell and we aren`t old
                      tesco`s quoted me £700 full comp, didn`t bother with them.

Comment

insurance

Another thing to consider when buying insurance is what extras the insurance company can offer with the policy.
                        Also the Excess differs from policy to policy.

Do you have breakdown cover?
                        Would you require legal cover?
                        Is your no claims protected?
                        Do you intend to drive your Surf in Europe?

I have been with Footman James for 2 and a bit years now. My policy includes all the above with an excess i believe to be around £200.
                        After my usual ring around to find a better quote I negotiated a price of £368 fully comp. which as I take advantage of the extras I believe makes this policy competitive.

Hope this helps

Steve
                        rolleyes3

Comment

footman james offer a discount for members of the vintage motorcycle club of great britain, if anyones into old bikes... discount is more than the cost of the membership...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I too am on the verge of getting a 3.0 Surf. I too am a very old git (45) and have found that http://www.lifesure.co.uk/ (this is a company in the forum link page) gave me the best quote for comp at £220.

Not bad as my Astra is £180, although it is a 1997 on a 'P' plate.

Happy hunting.
                            Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

When I was looking at buying a Surf the insurance companies quoted me less for a 3 litre than a 2.4. That's not normal is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X