X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punch yer Surf

Done the most stupidest thing i've ever done today, Came home lunchtime
    having had a real $hit morning thanks to the BA, Stopped outside my garage
    with the engine running, got out to take the garage key off the others in the
    ign and got the worst static belt of the ign switch i've ever had, I saw the blue spark, I yelped drew back and without thinking punched the dash, I've
    knocked the air vent back up its hole and cut my forefinger knuckle down to
    the bone! STOOOOPID It dosen't pay to go one on one with yer surf, It'll
    always win, I appoligised to it after i cooled down,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    ign and got the worst static belt of the ign switch i've ever had, I saw the blue spark, I yelped drew back and without thinking punched the dash, I've

I hope you have learned your lesson Surf abuse is only permitted OFF ROAD
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Surf brutality doesn't pay. Next time, take your anger out with a cloth and some Auto Glym.

Comment

Hope you didn't dislodge any of those LED's you've been workin hard on mate.

Don't get angry get even. Go for a keyless ignition upgrade.....hhhhmmmmm, nice.

Comment

Re

LOL!

I remember my 1st ever car was a Metallic Blue Fiat Strada (ahem!), well it needed a wee bit off touching up and I was spraying the area with a can of BLACK primer, every thing was fine until it started spitting blibs & blobs of thicker paint on my lovely new smooth paint work, this continued awhile until I could stand it no more and lost my temper, I put the can down on the kerb and hit the spray can, very hard, with a 2lb lump hammer, all the while muttering "******, ******, ****** *******!" and other obscenities!.
          What happened next put me off EVER losing my temper again with machines!
          Needless to say that I had quite a nifty "polka dot" paint job all over the Strada, roof and bonnet being the most unfortunate places!
          The bang was incredible as well, I nearly jumped out of my skin!
          I was a Student Psychiatric Nurse at the time in Goodmayes and became a legend over night as the guy who woke the entire nurses hostel in one second!
          It was also quite a major headache getting the paint off my face and hair!
          NEVER again will I mess with motors, you always lose!

Later!

Gary
          Last edited by hellmett; 7 February 2006, 10:49.

Comment

Yeah those cans do go off well, I did something similar once with a large can
            of zinc oxide primer, It kept blocking up and i banged it down hard on the garage floor, The top shot off and it come out like a roman candle, What a
            sod to get off, Got the air vent off and luckily just broke the little pivot
            plastic thing on the side, All better now, Wish i could say the same for my hand,
            No leds in there yet Dave, the instruments should be back in this week but
            still waiting for 4 x3mm leds to finish the heater and switches off, How you
            getting on with yours, Sorted out yet? Ian
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Oh dear, I also suffer from "smashthingsupwhenangry" syndrome. (never extended to my cars though) DVD controllers/mobiles/that sort of thing!

I generally try to take a deep breath and tell myself that its not worth the effort that will be needed to fix whatever it is you smash for the moments release you get when commiting the smash act.
              I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I had a Volvo 360 GLT when I was a student, I hated the car and it hated me, everytime I got out of it - it would zap me with a shock, you could see the spark each time. I got ****ed off with it eventually and bought one of those static strips which seemed to work. Well, it did until the timing belt snapped on the M40 and it had to be towed home... when the engine was replaced I got in it first time, got to my destination and ZAAAAAAP as I got out. I checked the strip was still there and found it was now only half the length it was, it had worn away when being towed!!!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

No leds in there yet Dave, the instruments should be back in this week but
                  still waiting for 4 x3mm leds to finish the heater and switches off, How you
                  getting on with yours, Sorted out yet? Ian
                  Getting there mate, i have been playing around with different LED's, unfortunatly it is going to be different LED's and combinations there off for different switches.
                  I like the clustered ones at the minute.
                  Once i have them sorted i will post a piccie if i can and links to the sources, for anyone who is interested. When you get your dash in, post a pic mate, would love to see how they look (it will be on to the GPZ next then ehh!).
                  I fitted a couple of air horns this weekend and swapped the headlamp bulbs for Xenon type, sidelights next. Wife's moaning about the kitchen i started,so i will have to get back onto that soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X