Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock - Horror

Afternoon all

For the first time since I got it (October 2005) I washed & waxed teh surf yesterday.

What surprised me was that, once I'd got rid of all the grime, all the paint had come off the towbar. Not only the bit that the towball is bolted to but the frame that attaches to the chassis as well.

As the towbar was new when I got the Surf I could not believ that all the so-called weather protection had come off (presumably a mixture of some of roading and general driving in the winter)

Got under the car and painted everything with 2 good coats of Hammerite - it now looks new.

Just wondered how long it would have been before timworm got to the degree where the towbar isn't safe to tow my caravan.

Defo be worth sticking your head under yours to check.

ta

hawaii

(apart from that, couldn't believe how good a nick it's in for a 10 year old truck)
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

my tow equippe towbar had a note in the small print that it would need painting prior to fitting.. how smug am i now that i blew 2 spray cans of smooth hammerite over it...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No problem

No towbar

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
        Afternoon all

For the first time since I got it (October 2005) I washed & waxed teh surf yesterday.

What surprised me was that, once I'd got rid of all the grime, all the paint had come off the towbar. Not only the bit that the towball is bolted to but the frame that attaches to the chassis as well.

As the towbar was new when I got the Surf I could not believ that all the so-called weather protection had come off (presumably a mixture of some of roading and general driving in the winter)

Got under the car and painted everything with 2 good coats of Hammerite - it now looks new.

Just wondered how long it would have been before timworm got to the degree where the towbar isn't safe to tow my caravan.

Defo be worth sticking your head under yours to check.

ta

hawaii

(apart from that, couldn't believe how good a nick it's in for a 10 year old truck)
        I also got a shock (thought my Truck had changed Colour)
        It used to look Greenish/Brownish, after adding water it now looks Greyish !!!!
        Still looks good for a 16 year old.......
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Don't get it muddy = no worries!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Don't get it muddy = no worries!

don't get it muddy = no FUN!
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
              no mud for a surf is like no shiite for a fly
              zacco

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                Oh how words come back to haunt you!!!!!!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

What did you use to wash it? Paint stripper!!!
                  Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Working...
                  X