yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medion PDA + in-car GPS for £132.80 all in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a suggestion to all of you who have just ordered a unit.

When you get it do the following:

1) Create a folder on your PC called "Card" or anything else suitably memorable
    2) Copy ALL information from the memory card to the above mentioned folder
    3) Treat yourself to a 1GB card - Ebuyer.com have a 1GB one for £27.48 + carriage and VAT
    4) Copy infor from said folder to new card

You will now have space for additional maps, MP3s, videos etc without the hassle of card swapping

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      I have a suggestion to all of you who have just ordered a unit.

When you get it do the following:

1) Create a folder on your PC called "Card" or anything else suitably memorable
      2) Copy ALL information from the memory card to the above mentioned folder
      3) Treat yourself to a 1GB card - Ebuyer.com have a 1GB one for £27.48 + carriage and VAT
      4) Copy infor from said folder to new card

You will now have space for additional maps, MP3s, videos etc without the hassle of card swapping

Trev
      Nice, thanks m8.

I`ve also had confirmation mine will be here within 3 days.

I wonder if there is a cheap upgrade to the latest navigon navigator

Comment

You may find this helpful

Also with said biggy card you have room for Memory Map as well as Navigon

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          You may find this helpful

Also with said biggy card you have room for Memory Map as well as Navigon

Trev
          Thanks for that Trev

Blimey! what service, me sat nav has just arrived.
          Gonna try and get lost now

All i need now is a glass roof and overhead storage

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
            Thanks for that Trev

Blimey! what service, me sat nav has just arrived.
            Gonna try and get lost now

All i need now is a glass roof and overhead storage
            mine arrived yesterday too! smart piece of kit... not tried the satnav yet but I intend to try and get lost with it tonight!

I have "acquired" some software for PDA's if anyone is interested... got the London street/tube maps, and some other cool bits and pieces. just PM me.
            I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
              mine arrived yesterday too! smart piece of kit... not tried the satnav yet but I intend to try and get lost with it tonight!

I have "acquired" some software for PDA's if anyone is interested... got the London street/tube maps, and some other cool bits and pieces. just PM me.
              Hi mooter, tried to pm you but its either not enabled or you have not subscribed to the forum to allow the pm function.

Comment

doh! i didnt realise I had to pay a tenner to use PM's... I guess that'll have to wait until the end of the month.

my email is mooter@f2s.com, drop me a line on that and we can chat

Comment

Originally posted by humero
                  Looks good, didn't get a GPS but found a cheap refurbished car radio MP3 player on the Medion site - thanks for the link...

I can now go through the fun of removing the original Jap unit and installing the stereo in the surf when it arrives...
                  Well the stereo arrived yesterday (7/2/06) and I fitted it today - quite easy really considering the amount of fascia that needs removing to get to the stereo - anyway - ****** thing doesn't work....it plays CD's and Radio but when I switch it off the motor for the fancy motorzied flip away front panel doesn't turn off even after the front panel is nicely folded away...wouldn't stop even when the ignition was switched off...had to disconnect the pwer from the back...Called the Medion number on the delivery note, got put through to the helpline only to be told that "it's a different department, we only deal with PC questions" I had to go online and find the email address for the refunds section and email them - if I am lucky I should get a reply within 5 days....Not Happy

Comment

Well the stereo arrived yesterday (7/2/06) and I fitted it today - quite easy really considering the amount of fascia that needs removing to get to the stereo - anyway - ****** thing doesn't work....it plays CD's and Radio but when I switch it off the motor for the fancy motorzied flip away front panel doesn't turn off even after the front panel is nicely folded away...wouldn't stop even when the ignition was switched off...had to disconnect the pwer from the back...Called the Medion number on the delivery note, got put through to the helpline only to be told that "it's a different department, we only deal with PC questions" I had to go online and find the email address for the refunds section and email them - if I am lucky I should get a reply within 5 days....Not Happy
                    it could be the way in which you are wiring it? are you taking a positive feed from an ignition lead or one directly from the battery? if you take one from the ignition feed then it'll only come on when the ignition is turned on, it simply wont have any power when the key is out.

ive wired quite a few stereos in my time and some of them take a feed from both... the permanent feed is just there to feed the clock and flashing LED light circuit, so it doesnt drain your battery, and the ignition runs the rest of the stereo.

i'd look into this if I were you... what sort of connectors have you got in the surf by the way? mine are standard iso sockets pre-wired... my headunit has standard iso connectors too so it wired up perfectly immediately. if you have anything else it's likely someone has *ucked with it at some point, cutting out the originals and hard-wiring it up instead of getting an adaptor kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
                      it could be the way in which you are wiring it? are you taking a positive feed from an ignition lead or one directly from the battery? if you take one from the ignition feed then it'll only come on when the ignition is turned on, it simply wont have any power when the key is out.

ive wired quite a few stereos in my time and some of them take a feed from both... the permanent feed is just there to feed the clock and flashing LED light circuit, so it doesnt drain your battery, and the ignition runs the rest of the stereo.

i'd look into this if I were you... what sort of connectors have you got in the surf by the way? mine are standard iso sockets pre-wired... my headunit has standard iso connectors too so it wired up perfectly immediately. if you have anything else it's likely someone has *ucked with it at some point, cutting out the originals and hard-wiring it up instead of getting an adaptor kinda thing.

It had the original Toyota wiring and connectors, I got an ISO adapter harness - I originally thought it may be the +ve from Ignition and memory back up feed being around the wrong way - I checked these and they were correct....maybe I shouldn't have bought a refurb unit...

Comment

It had the original Toyota wiring and connectors, I got an ISO adapter harness - I originally thought it may be the +ve from Ignition and memory back up feed being around the wrong way - I checked these and they were correct....maybe I shouldn't have bought a refurb unit...
                        hmmm... well, they'll send you a replacement. it has a 6 month warranty.

Comment

i installed navigon 5 today it's MUCH better than the old 2003 version. 3d view, voice activation, updated road maps, vastly improved entry system. 200% better!

i managed to secure a copy at a discount

mooter@f2s.com

Comment

Tried out my GPS today after setting it up. Might have to upgrade to a newer map as it couldn't place me sat in the local B&Q carpark, as that's only been there for about a year. One thing I was happy with thought. If the GPS speed readout is correct, then my speedo is 100% accurate at 30mph! Must try it out on the M-way next week on the way to the NEC.
                            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                              Tried out my GPS today after setting it up. Might have to upgrade to a newer map as it couldn't place me sat in the local B&Q carpark, as that's only been there for about a year. One thing I was happy with thought. If the GPS speed readout is correct, then my speedo is 100% accurate at 30mph! Must try it out on the M-way next week on the way to the NEC.
                              Mine is pretty close at 30mph, however at 70 is a different story with the speedo reading low.

Do you plan on getting a bigger card and adding other maps ? - I use Memory Map and the PDA happily copes with that - Fugawi maps are worth a butchers too.

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X