Really Dumb Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Dumb Question..

Just ordered a set of filters for the surf, thought I'd give it a go at changing the oil, air and fuel filters myself insted of getting the garage to do it - but should I replace the sump bung and washer at the same time????

Originally posted by humero
    Just ordered a set of filters for the surf, thought I'd give it a go at changing the oil, air and fuel filters myself insted of getting the garage to do it - but should I replace the sump bung and washer at the same time????
    Only the washer, but if its flat and not overly squashed you can normally get away with leaving it.

But if it leaks its messy pulling the plug and replacing it, so I have a big bag of washers and replace them as a matter of course every oil change I do for people, just to save the hassle of the one that doesn't seal.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bugger - thought that would be the answer. Is it a standard size that I can pick up from Halfrauds or do I need to order from roughtrax???

Comment

Its a standard size, a couple of bob from your local auto dealers, why the hell would you want to use Halfords????????

If you struggle getting the sump bung out, and round it off a little, change that too, or you may not get it out next time.

Comment

Working...
        X