BP Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Ultimate

Curiosity finally got the better of me yesterday, and I decided to try BP Ultimate diesel,at 99.9p a litre I'm not expecting miracles as I use Redex fairly frequently, and keep the beast serviced regularly, but I wondered if anyone has any thoughts having tried it on improved performance, mpg etc

Saw a test done on petrol a while ago and the conclusion was if you run something like a Scooby WRX then it's worth the extra cash for the power increase. In a run of the mill car it's a waste of money. I'm guessing the diesel is the same thing - in a modern di engine it may make a difference - in a Surf that will run on any old muck I think there is unlikely to be any advantage
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang
      Curiosity finally got the better of me yesterday, and I decided to try BP Ultimate diesel,at 99.9p a litre I'm not expecting miracles as I use Redex fairly frequently, and keep the beast serviced regularly, but I wondered if anyone has any thoughts having tried it on improved performance, mpg etc

I have a BP card for my company supplied Laguna. I use ultimate every now and then and cannot tell the difference between this and standard stuff.

MPG is of no interest as its business use but there is certainley no noticable power gain whatsoever. I do300 to 400 miles on many days of the week and would certainly not pay for the stuff over standard if it was my own money.

Hope this helps.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        I have a BP card for my company supplied Laguna. I use ultimate every now and then and cannot tell the difference between this and standard stuff.

MPG is of no interest as its business use but there is certainley no noticable power gain whatsoever. I do300 to 400 miles on many days of the week and would certainly not pay for the stuff over standard if it was my own money.

Hope this helps.
        Price is no interest to BP either only the Profit !!!!!
        Look at their Latest (Largest ever) Profit....
        I'm Patriotic, but my ill gotten gains pays for Fuel & fings from those that don't rip me off & show me some respect not Contempt !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Makes a big difference to my mates scooby, but butter all difference to my Surf but a big difference to my pocket compared to using 79p Bio!!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi,
            Your understandably getting all the negative comments due to costs of fuel which we all know about and understand...What I would say is that this product would only bear comparison after a long trial; say, after about five tankfuls of this and nothing else...I only tried it once, and did not really notice enough difference...I have also tried a product called Diesel Plus by Miller Oils and have seen quantifyable differences on emmisions test rig after only two treatments ie two tankfuls of ordinary derv with their recommended dosage added gives noticeable power difference and cleaner exhaust....a good thing to use therefore prior to a government test..IMHO.

peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Makes a big difference to my mates scooby, but butter all difference to my Surf but a big difference to my pocket compared to using 79p Bio!!
              How many scoobies run on diesel?

Errr. about none i think!

Comment

How many scoobies run on diesel?

Errr. about none i think!
                'Errr.' think it was bl**din obvious I was talking about the petrol given the WRX mentioned in the thread.

Comment

It's all to do with 'marketing' and making a profit. It's no different to Tescos diesel.
                  File it under 'Snake oils'

Comment

Tried a tankful myself.......no different to tesco and no clubcard points for beer!

Comment

'Errr.' think it was bl**din obvious I was talking about the petrol given the WRX mentioned in the thread.
                      thread is about bp ultimate which i understand is diesel.
                      Have they started doing ultimate petrol?

Comment

BP Ultimate is available in unleaded or diesel
                        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

They've been doing it for ages. My mates scooby (a P1 no less) pinks and winds the boost back unless he uses one of the 'high octane' petrols about.

I wont hold you to an apology for the sarky remark though...

Comment

They've been doing it for ages. My mates scooby (a P1 no less) pinks and winds the boost back unless he uses one of the 'high octane' petrols about.

I wont hold you to an apology for the sarky remark though...

You can have one anyway. I apologise for the sarky remark my friend. I really thought it was just Diesel they did in ultimate.

Al

Comment

You can have one anyway. I apologise for the sarky remark my friend. I really thought it was just Diesel they did in ultimate.

Al
                              So did I, and in fact, it's nothing like "supermarket own brand" diesel fuel. I am not however, going to argue it's merits or demerits, but it certainly is different, and therefore at a premium price....some buy it, but whether sufficient numbers to warrant the "hoo haa" which BP would have us believe it deserves - dunno...they'd prolly deny any marketing failure eh ? This was, I believe the highest priced road fuel on sale in uk last year....In the nw highlands of scotland it was £1.18 per litre....a far cry from those who run on "home brew"....

Comment

Working...
                              X