Didcot Power Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didcot Power Station

This is a rant in the strongest possible terms, before the watershed!!!

For 3 days now, it has been like a nuclear fallout zone in Didcot. No fu**ing wind, no fu**ing rain, no fu**ing clear sky. Just dull low cloud and mist.

This means that all the fu**ing coal dust from the power station chimney has hit the cloud and bounced off, straight down onto my truck that I spent two days cleaning, waxing, and not driving in an effort to keep her clean. Now she is covered in a thick layer of black coal dust. Never mind our health, what about the paint work on my truck? I'm going to have to go up the garage in a bit and jet wash it off.

I might call the council and complain. Going to take some pictures of it.

same-ish here, new bypass being built, following route of old railway up the valley...... because of the type of area we live, there are about 10 access routes for contractors to get to each part of job..... so, imagine what the roads are like due to damp/rainy weather, road sweepers are out, but add to it, me thinks.....
    carl........
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      This is a rant in the strongest possible terms, before the watershed!!!

For 3 days now, it has been like a nuclear fallout zone in Didcot. No fu**ing wind, no fu**ing rain, no fu**ing clear sky. Just dull low cloud and mist.

This means that all the fu**ing coal dust from the power station chimney has hit the cloud and bounced off, straight down onto my truck that I spent two days cleaning, waxing, and not driving in an effort to keep her clean. Now she is covered in a thick layer of black coal dust. Never mind our health, what about the paint work on my truck? I'm going to have to go up the garage in a bit and jet wash it off.

I might call the council and complain. Going to take some pictures of it.
      but now you have the best colour BLACK!!
      [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
      [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
        but now you have the best colour BLACK!!
        Try owning a dark blue one living down the road from a quarry ! Autoglym must love me !
        I do get p****d off sometimes though. You have my sympathy dude.

Comment

tried a cover?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]tried a cover?[/QUOTE
            Tried one but couldn't see out of the windscreen

Comment

[QUOTE=Boomerang]
              Originally posted by da SLUG man
              tried a cover?[/QUOTE
              Tried one but couldn't see out of the windscreen
              it would blow off after a few miles... just start off on a straight road!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]
                Originally posted by Boomerang

it would blow off after a few miles... just start off on a straight road!
                A great arguement for going nuclear

Comment

Went down the garage and jet washed coal dust off. Back to mine to sponge with clean water, then chamois off. Nearly finished, then it started snowing really heavy. People were looking at me very strangly!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Nkerridge]
                    A great arguement for going nuclear
                    The fall-out from nuclear would make your truck glow in the dark.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil]
                      Originally posted by Nkerridge

Great, then I could find it in the dark.

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil]
                        Originally posted by Nkerridge

yeah, but you generally only get melt down when russians or homer are in charge!!

we're suurounded by nuclear **** here... harwell, aldermaston, burghfield, greenham common... i look like i've been eating ready brek at night!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]
                          Originally posted by kitesurf_phil

yeah, but you generally only get melt down when russians or homer are in charge!!

we're suurounded by nuclear **** here... harwell, aldermaston, burghfield, greenham common... i look like i've been eating ready brek at night!

At least you know if there was ever a Nuclear war, we will be the first ones to become one with our Surfs, vapourised together. The end!!

Comment

[QUOTE=M35A2]

At least you know if there was ever a Nuclear war, we will be the first ones to become one with our Surfs, vapourised together. The end!!
                            if we got the 3 minute warning, i'd get to greenham common (unless there was a train coming!) and hide in the "secret" underground bunkers!...

most have the doors welded open after an "incident" where a boy got trapped though!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]
                              Originally posted by M35A2
                              if we got the 3 minute warning, i'd get to greenham common (unless there was a train coming!) and hide in the "secret" underground bunkers!...

most have the doors welded open after an "incident" where a boy got trapped though!

After doing 8 years in the Army, I've seen video's of what happens to you when Mr Radiation gets to you. I think I will stay outside and enjoy the suntan.

Comment

Working...
                              X