No announcement yet.

Thought it was too good to be true!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so are you all saying it will be classed as a write off and just be sold to scrap yard, wheras I could ask the insurance company if I could have the car back and get the pay out???

Comment

scrapyard

well thats about the jest of it m8 so many people dont realise they can buy it or even have it for nothing all depends on the insurance comp but you can buy it back very cheap indeed so ask its worth it u know otherwise the garage its at now may buy it for silly money get it repaired and flog it for 10 grand
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Hi fieldsey, The insurance company will contact you when they realise that the car is on storage and they should offer you the vehicle as part of your pay out but if you accept, make sure they are paying for storage and agree a date for when you take over, then get your car out a.s.a.p. you can see for yourself if the chassis it beyond repair etc. it's not rocket science. if it turns out to be donald ducked, then at least you'll know for sure.
        [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
          so are you all saying it will be classed as a write off and just be sold to scrap yard, wheras I could ask the insurance company if I could have the car back and get the pay out???
          yeah, there is a 'book price' for wrecked cars, just like the Glass's guide for used cars.

They go for auction, and the scrap yards buy them to part out. unless, like slydog says, the garage has its eye on it for a quick buck, and has an 'arraingement' with the insurance Co's for repairable motors. (and a bent chassis IS repairable, I have the chassis dimentions for 2nd gens in my Toyota workshop manual.)

If you fancy keeping it, make inquires. Don't get fobbed of by the garage.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If tonyn's got the chassis dimentions then you've got no problems. it can be repaired but be carful of the costs m8. I don't mean to sound like a party pooper but costs do spiral
            [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Healewis
              If tonyn's got the chassis dimentions then you've got no problems. it can be repaired but be carful of the costs m8. I don't mean to sound like a party pooper but costs do spiral
              His is a third gen, all different, but Elvz once said it shares the same platform as a Land Cruiser Colorado, so info should be out there.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ok matey Here's a thought.
                It has taken 1 bl**dy good impact and your family has walked (theroetically speaking) away. If there is any doubt in your mind whether this vehicle would sustain a second impact and come away with such positive results would you want your family in it??
                Personally I'd bin it but if you think it is OK , fix it, otherwise bin it, take the money and get another one.
                As the others have said, it's worth a try getting it back for spares if you want to.
                Hope your family is feeling better
                All the best
                Steve
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

cheers Steve,

you have hit the nail on the head. I'm thankful the surf did its job, and the family were relatively unscathed.

If the truth is to be known, I have no doubt in my mind that I don't want this car fixed and on the road with us again. I'd like a nice new one, and if I can get back the other for parts I'll be well pleased

Thanks again to everyone for their concern, wifey has made a good recovery and littl'un is none the worse for her ordeal..........thankfully

Comment

strip it out for some off road fun!!

that's what i say!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                    X