Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHS to DVD

Hi
    I am thinking of buying a DVD recorder and was wondering if it is possible to transfer VHS tapes to DVD using this?Would I need to purchase any additional equipment [to convert analogue to digital for instance]?Any help appreciated,thanks.
    Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying a DVD recorder and was wondering if it is possible to transfer VHS tapes to DVD using this?Would I need to purchase any additional equipment [to convert analogue to digital for instance]?Any help appreciated,thanks.
    It depends on what type of VHS is involved, home recordings "should" be OK, but official store bought tapes will probably include macrovision protection. You will need an external device to remove this. This could be an external box or built into a scart lead used to connect the VCR to the DVD.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
      Hi
      Rob, if you hunt around you can get combo units, I have a Bush DVRHS02 which does the copies no bother (well it copies non copyrighted fine)

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Rob, if you hunt around you can get combo units, I have a Bush DVRHS02 which does the copies no bother (well it copies non copyrighted fine)

Trev
        I'll do a search on that model,cheers.It would be non copyrighted tapes tapes I would be recording onto DVD.Thanks for the replies.
        Powered by ????

Comment

Pick up the new argos catalogue - They start at £149.99 - and manu helplines are listed in the back.................

Comment

Look at Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe...It comes with your Movie software and a Breakout Box [known as BlueBox] that allows you to connect Video and Audio sources to it using the SVHS leads or 3 connector [Audio L and R and Video] - purchased on their own.

The software has far more features than Windows Movie Maker and allows effects to be added/purchased. Also allows you to write out in different MPEG formats etc..and also allows you to capture images from the viode captured [some of the images I have put on here have been captured from the Video Camera]

Not tried with Official Videos, but Version 9 cost me approx £170-180

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Studio+Family/

or their product Dazzle

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...o/Dazzle/?dz=1
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Gizmo; 1 February 2006, 21:40.
            Gaz

Comment

Used to use dazzle for connecting my camcorder to PC in old days, gone digital now but worked fine obviosly you won't get DVD quality from VHS.
              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
                Used to use dazzle for connecting my camcorder to PC in old days, gone digital now but worked fine obviosly you won't get DVD quality from VHS.

Here's another cheap alternative if you don't want to buy a DVD recorder, or if you just wabt to transfer from VHS to DVD using your PC:

http://www.thegadgetstore.com/Templa...ID=94&RootID=2

It's a great Analogue A/V - USB connector, so plugs traight in to your PC from your video,come with basic capture software, which you make up your mpeg2 file with, then import in to your DVD authoring software on your PC and make your DVD disc.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the more expensive analogue to digital convertors, but if you're only using it to capture VHS and transfer to DVD then you're not gonna get much improvement on VHS quality with most other convertors anyway.
                www.pictureboxuk.com
                www.lucyblueparker.com

Comment

oops, linky no worky!
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                    oops, linky no worky!
                    ahh buggerrr. Ok The Gadget stor have stopped listing it. I've found it on ebay through the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BURN-VIDEO-TO-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or this one (U.S site):

http://www.topmicrousa.com/grab-beex.html

It's so easy to use. No need to have a DV capture care installed on your PC to capture video. Also good for capturing video in to a laptop. I've used it a few times on video shoots where a med-low res file was needed as end result from analogue source.
                    www.pictureboxuk.com
                    www.lucyblueparker.com

Comment

Ordered one of these today:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...05_GB_CONSUMER

This will be the last purchase I ever make from Comet,the only reason for buying there in the first place was I had enough credit on my store card.The sales woman was rude,ignorant and only seemed interested in selling me products such as cables,blank discs and extended warranties(as if I wasn't spending enough already!),which I point blank refused to buy,which in turn was met with the classic response "you mean you only want to buy the unit itself"?If someone can recommend a decent electrical outlet,I will take it on board for future reference,but as for this shower of charmless moneygrabbers are concerned.........forget 'em!