Off to Dublin tommorow for work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Dublin tommorow for work!!

3 days in the Sunny city, no Surf though as im driving and the company wont pay for fuel. Anyone recommend any good bars with lots of people?
    Staying in the Sheldon Park Hotel, looks nice!
    Kite Surf

Originally posted by surfstar
    3 days in the Sunny city, no Surf though as im driving and the company wont pay for fuel. Anyone recommend any good bars with lots of people?
    get yourself down to the templebar area in the city, thats where all the best bars and restaurants are it really good. enjoy the trip.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Sunny? Hope it picks up for you al least its dry at the moment tho.

Sorry, can't really recommend many places in the city personally, as I rarely go there and don't really drink anyway!

As truckman says tho, Temple Bar is where the nightlife is at, its on the south side of the river Liffey, over the Ha'penny bridge.

Just checked, the Sheldon park is on the southside, a decent way out from the center.

If you are in town, also on the southside of the city, about 5 minutes walk from the Temple Bar area, try Keogh's pub, its on South Annes St, off Grafton St (Main high class shopping St.), a proper old Dublin pub, if you can squeeze into it. A few doors away is the original Eddie Rockets Diner, the best burgers you can get anywhere IMHO, I like em so much I reviewed them here

Have a look here for some more ideas.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Sunny? Hope it picks up for you al least its dry at the moment tho.

Sorry, can't really recommend many places in the city personally, as I rarely go there and don't really drink anyway!

As truckman says tho, Temple Bar is where the nightlife is at, its on the south side of the river Liffey, over the Ha'penny bridge.

Just checked, the Sheldon park is on the southside, a decent way out from the center.

If you are in town, also on the southside of the city, about 5 minutes walk from the Temple Bar area, try Keogh's pub, its on South Annes St, off Grafton St (Main high class shopping St.), a proper old Dublin pub, if you can squeeze into it. A few doors away is the original Eddie Rockets Diner, the best burgers you can get anywhere IMHO, I like em so much I reviewed them here

Have a look here for some more ideas.
        I will be eating one of those burgers! Thanks for the info Morr, How far in a taxi is it to the good nightlife etc?
        Kite Surf

Comment

Just a few pubs listed here, you dont have to try them all unless you have some time to spare. http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepub...directory.html

This one was good a few years ago. http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepub...smerchant.html

Comment

I will be eating one of those burgers! Thanks for the info Morr, How far in a taxi is it to the good nightlife etc?
            The hotels web site quotes 15 minutes to city centre, so I'd guess around €15 to €20 in a taxi from hotel to temple bar. Thats a very rough guess mind you.
            On your way back to the hotel be prepared to wait, then wait again, and then wait some more while getting a taxi. queues for taxi's in the centre tend to get a bit long after midnight, altought as its midweek, it might not be too bad.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Take plenty of money!

I usually stay in the Burlington Hotel, they have some good bars and a good nightclub underneath.

Templebar is a tourist trap but you should go there once.

Comment

Sound advice from all round, im off to get some sleep. Thanks
                Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                X