Kite Surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I put a couple of turns of flight line round the towbar of the Surf .
    Hope you remember to put the hand brake on!! I can just imagine BOTH of your Pride and Joys flying off into the sunset!

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I put a couple of turns of flight line round the towbar of the Surf or a fence post if it is really windy and use it as a brake. Thick leather gloves are handy. I use a carabina or a blunted butchers hook to walk the kites down. Beware of using the stainless steel dog tethers for holding large kites as they can shear right off (there is still one minus it's tie ring and top 4" on the top of the Sharpenhoe Clappers). A welded T-Bar made from 1" steel bar and banged in using a club hammer is the safest option.
      For our static kite stacks we had a large winding drum staked into the ground then anchored to a car. The 'up line' was never fed directly off the winch but always through a pulley block arrangement roped onto another car or heavy object some feet away to reduce the forces on the winch drum. The attached photo shows a line of kites going up. All four kites in the photo were 3m spans and could generate some serious pull in a good breeze! Interestingly I have just found the closesest kite in the photo (3m blue & orange French Millitary Box kite) is still in the roof of my garage. Must try and get it flying again! Sounds like an excuse for a meet up one day?

Nevillef
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X