Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking Sound

Hi all.

I have noticed a ticking sound when I am driving the surf. The noise only comes when the truck is actually moving and it sounds as though its coming from the back on my side of the truck. It is a gentle ticking and the rate increases if I am going faster.

Any ides what the problem is and also how much it might cost to fix?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A small stone stuck in the tyre tread maybe???

Comment

I shall have a look tomorrow properly in day light. I did a search and thought this may be a possibility but it's always been dark when I've had a chance to look so can't entirley rule it out.

Meanwhile, any other suggestions? I'm just hoping I haven't got another big expense coming up. The truck's cost me too much already.

thanks for the advice bushwacker.

Comment

A faulty injector will make a 'ticking' sound, and increases with engine revs.

Comment

Wouldn't that be coming from the engine? This sounds like its coming from back.

Having said that, I have used veg oil three or four times. Would that affect the injector things?

Comment

Some people have mentioned that their injectors were sticking because of veg oil. Have a listen to your engine from the front with the bonnet up, if the ticking is coming from there, try adding some Redex injector cleaner to your tank, it may help.
            Attached Files

Comment

with veg oil, the noise is similar to pinking sound... only happened with too much veg in mix when cold...

(i was too tight to buy deisel that week!)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sounds definitely not coming from engine. its coming from the back and only as i drive. i have to wind the window down as im driving to hear it and it is speed related.

Comment

Try greasing the propshaft UJ's. Sounds like mine was when mine were going. If that quiets it then you'll probably need to replace either or both of the UJ's on the rear propshaft as they will deteriorate quite quickly once they're too dry.
                  Mike G

Comment

a bomb?
                    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
                    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

could it be the clock al la roller
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                        could it be the clock al la roller
                        Na its a Bomb
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          Na its a Bomb
                          but what if they used a digital watch as a timer instead of a traditional wind-up alarm clock??

hmmm, i guess the whizzkid terrorists would add an IPOD playing an MP3 of ticking if they were gonna go digital.
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                          X