woolly steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woolly steering

went off roading proper style today spent 3 hrs bouncing round a nuts off road track in Dungannon, the surf went places i honestly couldn't believe a very capable 4wd.

The guys who run the centre where impressed, his opening line at the start was walk round the corners and up the hills before you drive................. B ll x to that!! never got stuck once and it was hairy with a big H.

Next line was we will only pull you out a few times dont take the p*ss

However steering on the way home is a bit dodgy very woolly and pulling badly to right, it wasn't that great to start with. replaced the steering idler a while ago with no real difference had wheel alignment set then too.

Anybody any suggestions?? was told that if the balljoints are knackered it can cause wonky steering
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Has anyone had any steering issues after being off-road??

Comment

Your steering damper may be knackered.

Comment

Also check STEERING IDLER ARM & PITMAN ARM for play.
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

thanks guys, in particular marky for posting the thumbnail pics just what i need. Replaced the idler about 2mths ago but i've read in other threads they can go again fairly quickly. going to put new ball joints in and see waht happens process of elimination I guess!! Is "play" fairly noticeable in the other items you mention ie pitman arm etc??

Thanks again

Comment

Ahem!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Your steering damper may be knackered.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh bush indeed!! however your post had no pics AND its the more expensive option of the 2 only joking of course thank you outa jeebus knows how many members only yerself and the marky fella felt obliged to input so thanks

Comment

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...g_Dampers.html
                Attached Files

Comment

bargain!! cheers dude, linky's r goooood

Comment

Working...
                  X