X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Pickup - 2 Questions

All,

Two questions:

Low fuel indicator light has stopped working, possible cause bulb or fuse - do not have an owners manual, so I am wondering if it is a fuse where is it located, if it a bulb how do I go about replacing it?

Oil indicator (with line underneath it) keeps coming on when jeep is stationary - goes of once accelerator is pressed - any ideas why this keeps happening?

Geoff

Originally posted by Ravenelli69
    All,

Two questions:

Low fuel indicator light has stopped working, possible cause bulb or fuse - do not have an owners manual, so I am wondering if it is a fuse where is it located, if it a bulb how do I go about replacing it?

Oil indicator (with line underneath it) keeps coming on when jeep is stationary - goes of once accelerator is pressed - any ideas why this keeps happening? Low Oil Prehaps??

Geoff
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

All,

Two questions:

Oil indicator (with line underneath it) keeps coming on when jeep is stationary - goes of once accelerator is pressed - any ideas why this keeps happening?

Geoff
      Not sure if there is a fuse, check all the connectors on the tank and then try the bulb, but the dash will probably have to come out.

It may be a sign of low oil pressure, at idle the pump isn't turning very fast and if you have loose bearings its early sign of engine needing a rebuild, the oil pump itself could need work if its not making pressure, or else the sender is not working properly.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Not sure if there is a fuse, check all the connectors on the tank and then try the bulb, but the dash will probably have to come out.

It may be a sign of low oil pressure, at idle the pump isn't turning very fast and if you have loose bearings its early sign of engine needing a rebuild, the oil pump itself could need work if its not making pressure, or else the sender is not working properly.
        How do you know if the bearings are loose?

Comment

All,

Two questions:

Geoff
          Thought you said it was a Hilux pickup????
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

What age pickup is it?
            Gupster
            www.cfs-fire.co.uk
            Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

All,

Two questions:

Geoff
              I’ve had my Surf a year now and still don’t know if my low fuel light works or not…. for the simple reason that I refill the tank each time it get down to between ¼ or ½.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

my light comes on when the needle is off the gauge. i have still drove home 20 odd miles when the needle is like this, and the light is on. never run out...

what oil do you use? have you checked the level?

who drives a jeep then? im confused... o_0
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                  my light comes on when the needle is off the gauge. i have still drove home 20 odd miles when the needle is like this, and the light is on. never run out...

what oil do you use? have you checked the level?

who drives a jeep then? im confused... o_0
                  According to the book (for the 2.4) when the fuel light comes on, you have approx. 50km range, so roughly 20 or so miles....I tried it, and it's almost right, just glad I had a jerry can in the back with some fuel in it for when I broke down!!
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i heard some where that when the light comes on, there is a gallon left in the tank.. so that would be roughly 20 miles, may be a bit more for my 2.4

so all that crud at the bottom is bound to have been sucked up by now lol
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X