cigarette rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colin timney
    i have a new hate it is poeple flicking cig's out of car windows and letting them hit the car behind. if i droped sweet wrappers out of my window i would
    get called for littering, whats wrong with ash trays? is this just me it annoy's or am i just getting narked over nothing.
    colin

DITTO M8 Filthies habit out no consideration for non-smokers

Comment

You should all give up the habit.

I did when my daughter was born....And I'm sick of feeling jealous

All I can think when I see a smoker is 'By 'eck you smell nice'
      Last edited by Medieval Dave; 29 January 2006, 23:28.

Comment

I've never smoked. Do you think I should start with the patches and work my way up to cigs?

Comment

hows about ..you dont smoke ..I wont F@RT
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

You'll hurt your self holding them in though!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              You'll hurt your self holding them in though!

Barrage Balloon comes to mind
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                You should all give up the habit.
                I'm on with it 140 hrs 52 minutes (not that i'm counting)

Been smoking 20+ a day for the best part of the last 25 years...........struggling a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I've never smoked. Do you think I should start with the patches and work my way up to cigs?

Perhaps you could start on the said thrown out dog ends.
                  Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

A few years back i used to sit in a traffic jam everymorning (something we dont suffer with here on the island) and I kept seeing this woman chuck out her fag Butts most mornings, and after a few months of seeing her keep on doing this, I managed to get up next to her in the traffic, so I wound down my window to speak to her and said "IF YOU BUY A VW YOU GET AN ASHTRAY AS STANDARD"

The only trouble was that I was in the works van which was plastered with the phone number and VW AUDI stickers as I worked for the local Dealership.

Later that day the MD drags me in to the office and asks me all about it. He then rings the woman back and told her that he TOTALY AGREED with me,
                    and could he qoute her on a nice new VW WITH ASHTRAY.

Paul
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

when i were a lad, smoking was the only way to keep warm...
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                        I'm on with it 140 hrs 52 minutes (not that i'm counting)

Been smoking 20+ a day for the best part of the last 25 years...........struggling a bit
                        Yep, I gave up seven months ago after 18 years of pretty much perminantly having a roll-up hanging out of my mouth. Have you tried the niccorette mint sweets. I found them much better then patches. If you are really desperate for a fag you can just crunch one up like the instructions say you shouldn't, that sorts it. tastes horrid though.

Anyway I tried patches but hte mints were the thing, started of spending more on mints that I would have on fags, then after about a month I realised the mints had been unused in the glove box for a day or two, and that was it sorted.

Stick with it mate. Think about what you will buy with the saving - I got myself an old dirt bike.

Comment

Originally posted by RSA Surfer
                          So then you would not mind me opening the window while you smoke?LOL
                          ROFL
                          I always have the windows open anyway...........easier to get rid of the fag ends (oops I feel some backlash coming......wait for it......)
                          Seriously, I am considering becoming an ex smoker. A friend just gave up using a book and another mate was hypnotised which worked for her (mind you she also just became a lesbian at least it keeps her hands busy).
                          I hate the smell and the cough but most of all the amount of tax paid per pack but boy do I enjoy it. I just wish I'd never started. and I keep my morrisons saver card in my ashtray so I can't put me fag ends in it.

Comment

all my mates gave up using the book... can't remember the name of it though!

i've been smoking 18 years and thinking maybe give up for my 30th birthday!

only trouble is, without smoking i get drunk quicker!!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

i've been smoking 18 years and thinking maybe give up for my 30th birthday!

only trouble is, without smoking i get drunk quicker!!

Sadly I am way past 30 - oh a belated happy birthday to you (the day after mine!)
                              I've only just celebrated cause I was too ill with that flu! Must be all the fags. And I've cut down on the loony juice too cause its empty calories and at 36 the weight is getting harder to shift. It will come to you too.............

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                                It's probably a book written by Allen Carr, I've been thinking about trying that way of giving up smoking as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X