tennis elbow injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennis elbow injection

Folks, been suffering with serious tennis elbow recently (no i did not get it from *(*&^%. )

Went to see the quack yesterday who administered a steroid injection between the bone and the ligaments in my elbow. JESUS! does it hurt today, I am A sales rep and have had to stay home cos I cant drive my repmobile today as my elbow won't bend and I had 350 miles to do to get round my clients today.

Tuk the dogs out in the surf though as this is one handed being an auto. They say it hurts like hell for 2 days after the injection and they are not wrong I can assure you.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

As long as you can hold a pint with your other hand, you'll be o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Folks, been suffering with serious tennis elbow recently (no i did not get it from *(*&^%. )

Went to see the quack yesterday who administered a steroid injection between the bone and the ligaments in my elbow. JESUS! does it hurt today, I am A sales rep and have had to stay home cos I cant drive my repmobile today as my elbow won't bend and I had 350 miles to do to get round my clients today.

Tuk the dogs out in the surf though as this is one handed being an auto. They say it hurts like hell for 2 days after the injection and they are not wrong I can assure you.

Al.
      Iv'e had that injection in my spine . I passed out the first time they tried as you need to be awake to tell them when they find the right bit . YES , it hurts .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        As long as you can hold a pint with your other hand, you'll be o.k.

Oh aye, Always can drink with either hand so will survive!

Comment

Al.
          I've been whinging on about my elbow for the last couple of days now and The Woman I Sleep With said to go to doc's....theres no chance after reading that............I shall do the manly thing of suffering loudly and drink lots of medicinal beer..

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
            I've been whinging on about my elbow for the last couple of days now and The Woman I Sleep With said to go to doc's....theres no chance after reading that............I shall do the manly thing of suffering loudly and drink lots of medicinal beer..

Thats what I ought to have done. This is way worse than the tennis elbow that it was supposed to cure. I am hopeful that it will be totally fixed in 48 hours as per the doc's opinion or else its amputation

Comment

Thats what I ought to have done. This is way worse than the tennis elbow that it was supposed to cure. I am hopeful that it will be totally fixed in 48 hours as per the doc's opinion or else its amputation
              ohhh.!!!!!!!!!!
              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I had one for my frozen shoulder and I know what you mean , i passed out and yes its worse for a day or two,not pleasant.
                ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

OUCH!!! I'll stick to 3 phase electrical shocks........ only hurts for a second. Smells for a week..

Comment

I'm with ya there. I put my shoulder out (amazingly, while I was asleep! God knows what I was dreaming about) and had the steroid injection to quell the pain. Reeeeeeeeealy hurt the day after, but my shoulder was a lot better the day after that, and I ain't had a problem with it since.

I told the nurse to inject my right arm, as I didn't want it to damage my tattoo (right on the injection site on my left shoulder). I couldn't write properly for about 4 days.
                    _______
                    /_/ _ | 0\__
                    \,...__,..._ /
                    _(o)__(o)_

Comment

mines still no better now im off for a MRI scan anyone had one b4?
                      ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke
                        if you are going to Trelisk take care..I hear their scanner is steam driven!!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

Had my elbow done about a year ago by my GP. He had a student watching and I didn't know what to do with myself for the first five minutes - I was pacing up and down the GP's room muttering and moaning and feeling wierd!
                          It really, really hurt - the student was questioning the GP as to whether it was a normal reaction. Being a bit of a sadist the GP gave a wry grin and said that amount of pain showed he had hit the right spot! The right spot?? - I wanted to hit his right spot!
                          Edit:
                          Good thing is I have had no problems since and I was suffering a lot before I had it done - over a long period. First 24 hours was uncomforatable and then it steadily improved from there on.
                          Good luck - hope it works for you!
                          Last edited by Phil her up; 27 January 2006, 00:11.
                          If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke
                            yeah, had a head scan
                            not bad... a bit boring and my shoulders didn't fit through the hole!

lay on a bed that moves in and out while a circle spins around inside!.... that's it!

i thought my head got a bit hot, but probably just a warm room!

apparently if you have anything metal in your pocket it will shoot out at the speed of a bullet!

i thought it would be built into a wall, but the actual machine is like a 10' square standing in the middle of a room and a hole in the middle... the 2 nursey birds went into a little office behind a partition and just told me to lay still...

oh, and my head was strapped to it too.
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

feeling much better today! Not up to golf or javelin standards as yet but then again "i never was"

It only hurts like hell today which is a huge leap forward!

Comment

Working...
                              X