Adjusting torsion bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting torsion bars.

did a search of the forum in relation to adjusting the torsion bars, as I'm a bit of a novice i can really figure out where they are. I have seen the various pics but as they are all close ups i'm not sure where abouts on the truck they are. Has anyone adjusted them recently if so can they help me out??

Also if someone had loads of time and wanted to be dead nice would it not be a good idea to an idiots guide to the top ten mods ie torsion bars, lift kits snorkels etc??

When you do a search half the threads digress into a load of guff!!

Thank you in advance.
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Torsion bars run from the top wishbones to near the gearbox crossmember, there is a long threaded bolt at the back end that adjusts the height.

Mods are unending, decide what you want to do with your truck, then build it to suit.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Riiiiiiiiight!! I was looking in around the top of the linages (fairly obvious I thought) so they run at an angle?? your maybe talking about 2 feet back from the front wheel then?

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
        Riiiiiiiiight!! I was looking in around the top of the linages (fairly obvious I thought) so they run at an angle?? your maybe talking about 2 feet back from the front wheel then?
        YUP, maybe not so far but youll see the bars going from the front into a housing. Turn that bolt and keep a spanner on the nut at the top. Also lift the front off the road before lifting, going down is ok with load......
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

outstanding we job for tomorrow then cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X