Rear Tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tailgate

Hi Guys, can anyone help? I have a 93 2.4 and my mates looking at a 95 3.0 and am I right when I tell him that the rear tailgate does not drop down on that model?

We looked at it last night and when we swung the spare wheel carrier over, dropped the window we could not open the tailgate even though it has the handle and door pin exactly the same as mine, the guy who is selling it said it works fine the release mechanism just need refitting? and its an easy job? But I am sure that it is not meant to open, am I right or wrong? My mate def needs the tailgate as he has 2 patterdales and they regularly get covered in mud and crud.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

I am not sure.?? but someone here will be.??
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

The tailgate on a 95 3.0 second gen drops down.........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
        The tailgate on a 95 3.0 second gen drops down.........
        Mine is a 1995 so its the same as mine then..??
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Whether is a lift up 3rd gen tailgate or fold down 2nd gen, it should open no matter what!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It always makes me wary when sellers state "it's only..." or "its an easy job to fix..." - if its so easy to fix then make them do it before you agree to buy.

In my experience doing anything with the rear tailgate is not that easy (becuase of the glass etc) - and if you can't open the rear door how are you meant to get to the mechanism to fix/refit!!!
            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
              It always makes me wary when sellers state "it's only..." or "its an easy job to fix..." - if its so easy to fix then make them do it before you agree to buy.

In my experience doing anything with the rear tailgate is not that easy (becuase of the glass etc) - and if you can't open the rear door how are you meant to get to the mechanism to fix/refit!!!

Thanks everyone that makes it real clear...there is obviously a problem with the rear tailgate opening, spoke to my mate and he is asking the guy to get it done first or agree to reducing the selling price to cover the repair. Because it could turn into a BIG bill.
              [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Working...
              X