at last decent sounds!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at last decent sounds!!!!!!

after having a car with a full ice install i had to upgrade the rear speakers with 6x9 speakers i though this might be of interest let you you know it is possible to do this i pulled the rear side panels out to get at the standard speaker box disconnected the wiring to the speaker box which look like it has a built in amp i took out the little amp and moved it to side pocket and remounted it cut hole for 6x9 and mounted speaker reconnected factory wiring and wow what a difference know have decent bass as well as louder sounds i hope this might help some folks ? if this has mentioned before i am sorry
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

speaker help

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
    after having a car with a full ice install i had to upgrade the rear speakers with 6x9 speakers i though this might be of interest let you you know it is possible to do this i pulled the rear side panels out to get at the standard speaker box disconnected the wiring to the speaker box which look like it has a built in amp i took out the little amp and moved it to side pocket and remounted it cut hole for 6x9 and mounted speaker reconnected factory wiring and wow what a difference know have decent bass as well as louder sounds i hope this might help some folks ? if this has mentioned before i am sorry
    My surf has just had a Clarion CD/MP3 player put in I have no speakers in thae back and the fronts are ****. what size do I need for the front (without mods and if there are no speakers in the rear will the wiring be there?

If anyone can recomend speakers to giv a decent sound (I have also been given a 300watt amp which I thought would fit under the passenger seat .

Comment

Originally posted by pete27
      My surf has just had a Clarion CD/MP3 player put in I have no speakers in thae back and the fronts are ****. what size do I need for the front (without mods and if there are no speakers in the rear will the wiring be there?

If anyone can recomend speakers to giv a decent sound (I have also been given a 300watt amp which I thought would fit under the passenger seat .

Have you actually moved the side panels and looked for speakers, I say this because I had an aftermarket (uk) radio in my surf when bought it. agree with you, the front speakers are $h1t! Was going to do the same and fit rear speakers, Pulled the panel away and they were already there, just not wired up! Have sorted tehm out now and sound is much better

Even if the speakers aren't there i am fairly sure the wiring will be.
      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by pete27

I have just replaced the front speakers Pete with some of ebay @ £15

Check this thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19823

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_bax
          I have just replaced the front speakers Pete with some of ebay @ £15

Check this thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19823
          Not sure how to get the panles off as I havent lokked at them properly....new toy and frightened of breaking something. I gather that speakers are about 4"

Comment

To get the best sound bin any rear speakers and put some decent components up front and run a sub(or 2 depending on your preference and system)amped up in the back and depending how loud you wanna go amp up the components also,i used to run rear 6x9,s and as soon as i changed my set up to the above it sounded 100x better,but each to there own as they say.

Comment

Working...
            X