Battery help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery help

I took my batteries out to charge them up and thought I'd take a look at what cca rating they are. It doesn't actualy say what they are but the make is Drive Master and it says 069 on top of the battery. Does anyone know what CCA they are?

I need to get some new batteries but can't afford it for a week so I'm just taking these as far as they can go. Would it be a big problem if I replaced only one battery this month and replaced the other after four weeks?

Depends how knackered they are. Batteries connected in parallell as per the surf will always equalise. This means that the good one will give up its charge to the bad one and as the bad one gets wors so too will the good one. My advise is get them both changed together.
    Al

My spelling is all over the place today............
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

The Lucas 069 (often rebranded as other makes) is 550A CCA, if my memory serves me right.
      _______
      /_/ _ | 0\__
      \,...__,..._ /
      _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        Depends how knackered they are. Batteries connected in parallell as per the surf will always equalise. This means that the good one will give up its charge to the bad one and as the bad one gets wors so too will the good one. My advise is get them both changed together.
        Al

My spelling is all over the place today............
        I'd agree with the advice to change them both together, but if money really is tight at the moment, you could always just replace one, but DON'T connect the other battery up. The truck will work fine on one battery. The two battery setup was an option, I believe...
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Thanks for that Dave. I hadn't thought of that. So let me get this right.

The battery I'll be getting sometimes this week will bea 700cca one. When I connect it up, I disconnect the one on the other side and everything will work fine?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            I'd agree with the advice to change them both together, but if money really is tight at the moment, you could always just replace one, but DON'T connect the other battery up. The truck will work fine on one battery. The two battery setup was an option, I believe...
            Mine only has one small battery

So it should work fine

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu
              Thanks for that Dave. I hadn't thought of that. So let me get this right.

The battery I'll be getting sometimes this week will bea 700cca one. When I connect it up, I disconnect the one on the other side and everything will work fine?
              Yup! Just make sure the positive lead that joins the two batteries together is disconnected at the side WITH a battery, to stop it shorting out when driving.

Hope that make sense!!
              It just does, OK?

Comment

So i can disconnect the battery on either side as long as the joining lead on the connected one is disconnected?

Comment

So i can disconnect the battery on either side as long as the joining lead on the connected one is disconnected?
                  Yes, but check if there are any smaller cables coming off the battery terminals as well. I think the trucks with just one battery have their battery on the drivers side, but hopefully someone can confirm (or ridicule) this?!?!?
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Just disconnet the negative of whatever battery you don't want to use.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                      Yes, but check if there are any smaller cables coming off the battery terminals as well. I think the trucks with just one battery have their battery on the drivers side, but hopefully someone can confirm (or ridicule) this?!?!?
                      Yup.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Just disconnet the negative of whatever battery you don't want to use.
                        Oh yeah, I s'pose that IS the easier option!!!
                        It just does, OK?

Comment

I'll disconect the negative on the unused. Seems simpler.

Once again, thank you tonyn and dave.

Comment

Working...
                          X