Computer expert needed, help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave_bax
    Right i have just got my test mail and i was right, you have jpg's or image files set to open by default with windows 'picture & fax viewer', when you launch the jpg from Outlook Express which is part of Internet explorer, Outlook needs to cache the file, so it puts it into IE's temporary internet files. So like you say when you click the backwards and forward buttons you will be viewing the temporary internet files.

While reducing your cache in IE5 will reduce some of these files you will still get some images in thier.

Another option is to set the image file type for example GIF or JPG to open in another program such as Internet explorer, which does not have a backwards and forward button.

If you want to do this let me know.
    Cheers.

Dave,

You are an absolute star, cheers mate.

I have cleaned my disc, and gone into Outlook Express, accessed a photo, and clicked on the forward and reverse buttons. Apart from a few images, the rest was clear.

Thanks mate, I now understand what is going on. It just goes to show the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Comment

Yep, we know lots of clever stuff.

We just don't know anything better to do on a saturday night. I have a baby daughter to look after, what's your excuse?

Comment

I am no good with Computers and I am probably wrong, but try this.......are you getting images from websites thet you have visted? If so click on Start button, Cick on Control Pannel, then click on internrt options, then click on Temporary Internet files and delete files.
        I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          Yep, we know lots of clever stuff.

We just don't know anything better to do on a saturday night. I have a baby daughter to look after, what's your excuse?

My excuse is that I work every Sat and Sun. My days off are Thurs and Fri. So, as I have work tomorow, I am on here and watching " The Peacemaker" on Ch5 at the same time. Also supping some nice cold lager..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
            I am no good with Computers and I am probably wrong, but try this.......are you getting images from websites thet you have visted? If so click on Start button, Cick on Control Pannel, then click on internrt options, then click on Temporary Internet files and delete files.

Just done that Rob, sort of figured it out, with the help of you guys.

Cheers mate...

Comment

Working...
            X