• Ever been confused by Paypal ????

Here's a silly one !!

I brought a couple of items from a dealer on Fleabay and paid by Paypal

Paid for the goods - no problem
    Got the goods - no problem
    Nice kind seller sent me a fund on postage

PROBLEM

£0.40 refund placed on hold - WTF

I quote the message from Paypal - Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled or refunded. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 7-9 working days.

Now placed on hold because the money was refunded, yes I can understand that.

But WHY should MY refund wait until monies have come from MY bank account ????

Trev (sitting in a darkened corner contemplating life, the universe, and Paypal's lack of common sense !)
    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 20 January 2006, 18:25.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Originally posted by UDTrev
    Here's a silly one !!

I brought a couple of items from a dealer on Fleabay and paid by Paypal

Paid for the goods - no problem
    Got the goods - no problem
    Nice kind seller sent me a fund on postage

PROBLEM

£0.40 refund placed on hold - WTF

I quote the message from Paypal - Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled or refunded. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 7-9 working days.

Now placed on hold because the money was refunded, yes I can understand that.

But WHY should MY refund wait until monies have come from MY bank account ????

Trev (sitting in a darkened corner contemplating life, the universe, and Paypal's lack of common sense !

They are probably sitting on it like estate agents in a high interest account! On a serious note i use paypal as well but on jan 1st and 2nd i had 1800 taken from my a/c by internet fraud! My bank said that my card details had been obtained over the internet ie i had paid for something and my details were passed on or copied etc, now the only transaction like that is when i use ebay so even though my bank could not be 100 per cent sure (they do make mistakes) i definatley will not be giving my details over the net again. I got the money refunded in 48 hours but its the hassle and imagine the headache if you were on holiday abroad and went to a cash machine!
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Right an update - still ****** confused and eating Paypal personnel for breakfast now

The refund is now in my paypal account with the hold removed

Apparently when the refund hit, they automatically attempt to pay it back to the account it came from (now leaving it in your account for you to decide where it goes is obviously too much hard work for them). The banking system refuses these transactions where the user hasn't initiated them, and you have to twiddle your thumbs waiting for said funds to come back from the banking system.

When the hold is removed you get this message in your Paypal account:
      Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled, or refunded.The funds from this payment were released after they arrived from your bank account, and have been added to your PayPal balance.

So when you use your Bank Account in Paypal and someone sends you a refund YOUR bank puts YOUR refund into YOUR Paypal account - now call me old fashioned but this smells fishier than a seal's breath !

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
      X