Another Successful MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Successful MOT

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ha My Surf has just got another year's ticket, so I is well happy Only needed a steering idler replaced - I had an idea about that one, and brake load sensor needed sorting - didn't know about that one! No other major problems accept a slight oil leak that was noted, so will look at that one when it's nicer weather.

Well happy with that, the only downside is that the tax is due at the end of the month

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Mine passed last week without a hitch
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

you can buy them on e.bay......
      ........... a hitch that is.......

well, it is friday.......
      CARL
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Hi mine is due for MOT next week . Small Q what is a brake load sensor
        and does it cost much to replace?.
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
          Hi mine is due for MOT next week . Small Q what is a brake load sensor
          and does it cost much to replace?.
          cheers
          Its the valve that linked to the bar that goes down to the rear axle, it senses if the truck is heavily loaded so it can apply more rear brake without it locking up. They rarely go wrong, unless someones bent the link bar.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
            Mine passed last week without a hitch
            Mine too, No probs
            Stella Artois

Comment

i think mine needs a steering idler,steering a bit slack.tony how easy/hard is it to replace?and roughly where is it situated?

Comment

its under the front pass side of the engine, it has a dome shaped top that pokes through a round hole in the metal above and is hooked up to the steering bits.
                I changed mine ok but I didnt have a splitter so it was hard work.

look for them on roughtrax website and there is a picture so you know what your looking for.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

MINE PASSED also no sweat !
                  hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

Got mine through first week of Jan. Needed a new n/s track rod end but that was seized into the adjuster tube so I bought both ends and a new tube. DO NOT buy track rod ends from a Toyota dealer. They wanted £98+VAT for both, so I got the tube from them £10+VAT and the t/r ends from Roughtrax £45 incl VAT & delivery to the door. Mind you the MOT station then charged me £115 for fitting, retesting and getting the tracking done
                    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Its the valve that linked to the bar that goes down to the rear axle, it senses if the truck is heavily loaded so it can apply more rear brake without it locking up. They rarely go wrong, unless someones bent the link bar.
                      Mine had seized so it was just freed up I assume, charged next to nothing for it so I assume it didn't take much doing.

Anyway, now it's gone through and no need to be looked at, it's time to get it muddy......................... .

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I was told by the garage that if you heat the tube with a torch to free it, it destroys the temper of the steel and that that is an automatic MOT failure, hence the new tube. For a tenner it ain't worth the hassle.
                        Mike G

Comment

Working...
                        X