steaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steaming

does anybody have trouble with there windows keep steaming up ,only had mine a week so it could be off the vallet but even when the blowers are on full it takes a while to clear.

My back windows steam up quite a bit. I think the water gets down the rubber seals on the outside where the window drops down.

Comment

There are two cures for this.

1. Use the air con on full blast to clear screen quickly.

2. Make sure the air intake switch is set to 'outside' air not recycle 'inside' air, just above the heater sliders.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Have a fumble around the carpet by the heater outlet, lots of condensation is sometimes a sign that the heater matrix is leaking, but you should smell the coolant as well.

More likely to just damp or if you use the air-con a lot, you seem to get an oily film over the glass that needs cleaning off sometimes.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have the same probs. Turn your aircon on, that sorted mine.

Comment

fuel

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
            I have the same probs. Turn your aircon on, that sorted mine.
            does using the air con not drink the juice though?

Comment

Ive heard from some people it does, but myself havnt noticed a diffrence anyway only have to use it for a few seconds. so (NO)

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
                does anybody have trouble with there windows keep steaming up ,only had mine a week so it could be off the vallet but even when the blowers are on full it takes a while to clear.
                thats why surfs come with wind deflectors so you can leave the windows slightly open to let the vehicle breathe, thats what i do and it curs any missting, do not use the recirce part of the heater as that will cause condensation. if you have a garage try a dehumidifiyer they work a treat.
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I had the same problem and I bought a condensation dehumidifier type thingy from homebase for a fiver. Its designed to take damp out of cupboards like a small lunch box full of crystals, After 2 days in ma surf there was about 20ml of water inside it. Since then its been as dry as a nuns doot.
                  Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Working...
                  X