Service....have I been stitched?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laser_jock99
    I allways use an engine flush before my <regular> oil changes (every 5000km- easy to remember- next due at 130,000K). We had this argument on the old forum- I think an engine flush out is a good idea- others don't. It shouldn't do the car any harm provided you do it each <regular> oil change.
    i'll agree with that neville
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

yip DIY is best choice for most things ; ) And Cheaper ; )))
      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
        yip DIY is best choice for most things ; ) And Cheaper ; )))
        it take it she wont be driving the surf
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Regular oil and filter changes are one of the easiest jobs to do on a diesel engine - (you don't even need to jack up a 4x4) You can buy oil filters and filter kits mail order a lot cheaper than dealer prices, from Milners. Use a good quality oil and don't worry if it turns dark in colour after you run the engine, diesels do that.

Even if you are not doing the mileage, change the oil and filter every six months anyway - it may save you big bills in the future.

Redneck

Comment

from what you have said i would say the cv boot that he fitted was a glue together one, even the cheapest cv boots last a minimum of 6 to 8 months, and as for the oil when it has been changed it does go dark when you run it but not jet black like its done 3000 miles, you can tell the difference

The CV boot wasn't a glue together one. he thinks he may have punchtureded it on fitting last time. The split was about 3 inches and followed the boot folds around and unevenly too. He fitted the new one with an air-tool attachment apparently which expands the boot and allows easy fittment without the need for any manual prising, which should mean not splits. However, I'll let you know if the worst happens!

cheers
            Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Mart
              A simple trick is to put a small discrete mark on the filters before you take it in for service (spot of nail polish is good) then check them when you get the car back.
              Pete

Comment

On the subject of oil going black, I have only ever come across one engine the kept the oil a beautiful golden colour and that was on a John Deere 6900, this thing had oil changes every 500 hrs and even after 10000 hours on the clock the oil still came out golden everytime. None of the Newer tractors did theirs was always black pretty quick.
                Just a thought
                Josh

Comment

Working...
                X